Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
AeroPrixma wrote:
trinidad66 wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:

Pretty cool spec! Bomber z1 and shimano xt 12spd? Xt 2 pot. Looks really solid!

This is my scout

Great looking Scout you got there. Yes Bomber Z1(160) and a full XT build, apart from the X01 12 Speed cassette Wink

XT 2 pot calipers together with 203 rotors front and rear works for me. IMO 203mm rotor with 2 pot is better than 180mm rotor with 4 pot.
That's pretty cool, yea i have 180r 203f 4 pot. Stops good enough. Yea that X01 Cassette is awesome, i have a gx cassette. Looking to get xx1 or x01

Cool, the XT's I'm running are actually a few years old now(the M8000 generation) if I ever do upgrade, I will get the 4 pots calipers. IMO, when it comes to stopping power Shimano is second to none, had Hope E4's before, but went back to XT's.

Yes, SRAM cassettes look so much better than Shimano's, the X01/XX1 are definitely the bees knees. I can't understand why Shimano hasn't come up with a one piece design cassette?!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
trinidad66 wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
trinidad66 wrote:

Great looking Scout you got there. Yes Bomber Z1(160) and a full XT build, apart from the X01 12 Speed cassette Wink

XT 2 pot calipers together with 203 rotors front and rear works for me. IMO 203mm rotor with 2 pot is better than 180mm rotor with 4 pot.
That's pretty cool, yea i have 180r 203f 4 pot. Stops good enough. Yea that X01 Cassette is awesome, i have a gx cassette. Looking to get xx1 or x01

Cool, the XT's I'm running are actually a few years old now(the M8000 generation) if I ever do upgrade, I will get the 4 pots calipers. IMO, when it comes to stopping power Shimano is second to none, had Hope E4's before, but went back to XT's.

Yes, SRAM cassettes look so much better than Shimano's, the X01/XX1 are definitely the bees knees. I can't understand why Shimano hasn't come up with a one piece design cassette?!

Garbaruk cassettes are beautiful, light, cheaper and designed to work with shimano derailleur and chains. Big benefit is only 1 aluminum sprocket, so less wear. The steel gears are beautifully machined out of one chunck of steel. So nice to look at close up. If u wanna be matchy u can get the aluminum gear in assorted colors too.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
AeroPrixma wrote:
trinidad66 wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:

Pretty cool spec! Bomber z1 and shimano xt 12spd? Xt 2 pot. Looks really solid!

This is my scout

I installed an xx1 11 speed cassette after 3 months the 42 tooth ring is skipping.... kind of sucks.... couldn't have anything with climbing 12,000' and 14,000' mountains all summer ???? Wondering if that 42 is replaceable. Other sram cassettes I have used have developed creaks with pins coming loose.. I would imagine that the 12 speed stuff has come a long way with durability though.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
trinidad66 wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
trinidad66 wrote:

I agree the one piece is amazing, and lighter. I didn't notice a disadvantage losing hyperglide going to an eagle cassette either.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
Finished my first ever build last weekend and took her for a ride!

Ragley Marley with 150mm Pike.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
Man, you peached that!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
TheKolton wrote:

What a pretty bike! Is that SRAM X1 drivetrain?

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
AeroPrixma wrote:

Thanks! The color is amazing in person.

X1 Crankset and Derailleur, GX everything else. All used to keep the price of admission down.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
TheKolton wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:

Thanks! The color is amazing in person.

X1 Crankset and Derailleur, GX everything else. All used to keep the price of admission down.

Smart! that pearl is awesome!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
trinidad66 wrote:
I can't understand why Shimano hasn't come up with a one piece design cassette?!

some people see an advantage in the idea of changing single cogs whe they're worn, instaed of the whole cassette.

thus said, i run a 12x garbaruk but i'm not convinced i'll have another one when it's done.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
TheKolton wrote:

Thats nice, my fav bike colour as well. How do you find the De kasier at the back? I have only ever run it upfront. Recently I changed out my wtb for De baron projekt up front and the new mtn king out back, both 2.6 wide and man thats an awesome combo.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
TheKolton wrote:

Thats nice, my fav bike colour as well. How do you find the De kasier at the back? I have only ever run it upfront. Recently I changed out my wtb for De baron projekt up front and the new mtn king out back, both 2.6 wide and man thats an awesome combo.

Thats a beautiful bike. But dude, you must be tall! Seattube and dropper is long

I am curious about the tires, too.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
Looks about a large. I have run various brands of tyres, schwalbe, maxxis, kendas, onza, wtb and continental. I keep going back to continental. Some of the other brands I have never kept long. I dont like the knobbies to break off tyres, for me thats a weak point, also soft sidewalls. I like the protection apex casing of the continentals as well as the grip. They suit my riding style I suppose and I find they have a long life span.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
trinidad66 wrote:
I can't understand why Shimano hasn't come up with a one piece design cassette?!

some people see an advantage in the idea of changing single cogs whe they're worn, instaed of the whole cassette.

thus said, i run a 12x garbaruk but i'm not convinced i'll have another one when it's done.

What is it about the gabaruk that you are disappointed with? And what are you comparing it to?

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Riyadh wrote:

The Kaiser did well! I had the Baron front wash out on some steep and loose downhill a couple times. But that probably had everything to do with my body positioning, and nothing to do with the tire hahaha. I'm running 2.4 front and rear.

So far I'm happy with how they roll, how much the weigh, and they took a couple sharp rock hits without complaining.

A4S wrote:
Thats a beautiful bike. But dude, you must be tall! Seattube and dropper is long

I am curious about the tires, too.

Hahaha, I'm 6'2" (188cm) and it's a 210mm dropper! It's really amazing having the saddle so far out of my way when I'm ready to play! I'm really glad the frame (XL) was able to accept such a long dropper.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014294
Mobile Version of Website