Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
Some Colorado style XC riding

Views: 137    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
So good to watch. What would it be like to ride it yourself?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
To me it is like being a child living in Disney World.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 23:20 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
PatrickScar wrote:
To me it is like being a child living in Disney World.

Haha, yeah thats it. I used almost the same words to describe riding to others. Feeling like a child again, playing without worrying. Except disney world. Some of my hometrails are really good, but not as good as these.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 6:26 Quote
Let the DVO go, the 36 With a Smashpot came from another bike, and while I might be the heaviest 130mm fork out there, it feels perfect.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/20500546/

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
All business

Can’t beat a big fork for confidence

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
Excellent bicycle! Drool

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Beautiful bike, mate!!!

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Finally found the time to rebuild my Nukeproof Scout 275 custom that I temporarily stripped for parts. Took it on a coffee run to bed the brakes -

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 17:22 Quote
Love the look of the Manitou forks.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
A very tasteful Scout! tup

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Just copied my post across from the do it all ht thread thought I'd post my new bike in here after building it up a few weeks ago. We had a 3rd lockdown in January in the UK and after wanting a hardtail for the past few years but spending all my fun money on motorcycles it was a good opportunity to finally scratch the itch and have something to ride while the racetracks were closed. It's my only bike and so far has been very capable on trails and also for some steady runs out just for fitness. Definitely a dream build as I bought bits I'd always wanted on other bikes but had previously gone for cheaper alternatives.

Spec is:
Stanton Switchback large frame in ti. I'm very close to their workshop and they were kind enough to show me round and answer questions in person before I put the order in.
Ohlins rfx coil forks, 160mm travel
Hope bottom bracket and Hope evo 170mm cranks
Hope fortus 30mm wheelset. Maxxis dhf front/ aggressor rear (dd casing on rear)
Hope rotors 200/ 180 with ti bolts
Stanton 35mm stem
Stanton headset
Stanton 800mm bars
Hope 12 speed 32 tooth shimano compatible chainring
XTR chain
SLX mech, shifter and cassette
DMR v12 mag pedals
Hope v4 brakes
Brand x dropper with uber bike cable and wolf tooth remote.
DMR deathgrips.
Ergon saddle

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
That's cool and all but let's see some pics of the motorcycles!!!

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
That's cool and all but let's see some pics of the motorcycles!!!
Not much encouragement needed for motorbikes! Nothing exotic but all definitely serve a purpose, just a few random pics from my phone.
99 SRAD 750 in oem road trim- not turned a wheel since a week at the tt in 2019. I keep meaning to strip it and rebuild the chassis but dont enjoy sportsbikes on the public roads anymore so keep putting it off.
2014 gsxr 750- bought to replace my previous cbr600rr trackbike. It was a crashed road bike when I bought it but converted it over for track use with some nice bits added along the way.
Symoto 140- chinese pitbike with a crf 110 size frame, 140cc yx motor and 12 inch wheels with good quality rubber. Me and a few friends have them and play on go kart tracks which is a great laugh. We did a couple if british championship rounds last year. Great fun and not too expensive/painful usually when crashing them.
Wr250f- bought last year during another lockdown as all the tracks were shut and I'd never ridden a dirtbike before, so let me explore locally and stay sane!

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Always wanted a moto but knew that I should not own one!! It would be pegged 24-7!!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016406
Mobile Version of Website