PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
stefanroussev wrote:
Gnomo wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Sweet Cotic! tup

The cotic is size xs?

Small size. Cotic errs on bigg size so I purchased Small and it was the right decision. I’m 5’9 tall with shortish arms and the bike fits me like a glove.

but why that tire choice?, i would swap them as the crossking is a way faster tire than the rekon

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
stefanroussev wrote:
Gnomo wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Sweet Cotic! tup

The cotic is size xs?

Small size. Cotic errs on bigg size so I purchased Small and it was the right decision. I’m 5’9 tall with shortish arms and the bike fits me like a glove.

How do the long stays feel? I have a soul, but am solaris curious, but worry about the stay length

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
novaterra wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:
Gnomo wrote:

The cotic is size xs?

but why that tire choice?, i would swap them as the crossking is a way faster tire than the rekon

I purchased the Recon as front but when it came I realized it was with the tougher casing. I was trying to replace Ikon on the front. So I decided to experiment and put It on back hopefully to prevent more pinch flats and it worked better that way because it really was providing better protection against pinch flats so I left it to wear. Then I found that Continental was having plus size tires too and I bought a few of those and replaced the front only. The rear was still to good to replace. When finally wore out I replaced the rear as well. The Recon in the tough casing was a good choice actually. It lasted very well even after countless rim strikes. Better than the Continentals in that respect. I still like them dough.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
Brandonzamp wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
Brandonzamp wrote:

Roast / compliment my custom build! And before anyone says anything, the Kona stem was all I had kicking around... planning on swapping that out soon.

If you have any questions, ask away!

those Deemax wheels Drool

reach and HTA?

Rough measurements:
Reach: somewhere between 410mm and 420mm (crudely measured with a tape measure)
HTA: 65° give or take a degree or two

Next Q, how high is the loading dock/shed you huck this thing off of and how busted are your ankles? Big Grin

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
bikeryder85 wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:
Gnomo wrote:

The cotic is size xs?

How do the long stays feel? I have a soul, but am solaris curious, but worry about the stay length

For my kind of riding with steep climbing and fast stretches long stays are better for strait line stability and prevents from looping back on very steep climbing. Also when cornering I don’t have to shift weight back to front all the time because you are more centered in the bike with longer chain stays.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
Honzo75 wrote:
Brandonzamp wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
Those forks Big Grin tup

They're insane! Just rebuilt them myself and they feel better than the 2015 Pike's I had on my Devinci Spartan. Only like double the weight hahaha...

I am curious what trails in Ontario require this much fork? I wanna ride em!!

Most trails probably don't require anywhere near this amount of fork, but I plan on taking it to the Blue Mountain DH park. If it ever actually f*ckin' opens, that is. So pissed that they allow hikers but closed everything to cyclists.

I usually ride at the Jefferson Forest, if you're familiar with it. Also, since it's a hardtail, I find pumping into obstacles takes the weight off the back wheel so it doesn't bash you rear wheel all around. Mostly got the Monster T because of how plush, easily serviceable and how classic it is.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Brandonzamp wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:

those Deemax wheels Drool

reach and HTA?

Rough measurements:
Reach: somewhere between 410mm and 420mm (crudely measured with a tape measure)
HTA: 65° give or take a degree or two

Next Q, how high is the loading dock/shed you huck this thing off of and how busted are your ankles? Big Grin

Only time you'll see me with busted ankles is when I attempt to play basketball... I suck

Haven't gotten a chance to hit anything super serious yet with all the rain that's been coming down ever since I finished the build. Supposed to be nice later this week, so we'll see how many hucks I do out of my skill level!

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
My Marino-Frame finally arrived 3 days ago and i got to built up last night, first pictures after finishing it. so goooood!

Guess i will make some better pictures in sunlight once i take it out to a ride.

Still the biggest typo in (my) history of mountainbiking, but i guess i just have to embrace the attitude of it and let my inner punk out... Joker Madder Beer

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
Also, let those yellow grips go!

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
red-o wrote:
Also, let those yellow grips go!

Yup! The yellow grips are killing it

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
Sweet shredder, man! Just a question though, does it say rider harder on the side of the top tube there by the headtube? Lmaoo

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
A4S wrote:
My Marino-Frame finally arrived 3 days ago and i got to built up last night, first pictures after finishing it. so goooood!

Guess i will make some better pictures in sunlight once i take it out to a ride.

Still the biggest typo in (my) history of mountainbiking, but i guess i just have to embrace the attitude of it and let my inner punk out... Joker Madder Beer

Looks sick, actually love the yellow grips.. they look kind of moto .

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Yellow grips compliment the blue frame, keep em, they brighten up the build. One of the few cases where something matches the Maxxis logo too. Recognised the frame from the typo, so you should be proud, your ride is unique and instantly recognizable! Just don't rob a bank with it .

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
A4S wrote:

congrats! that's a proper rig, the yellow grips are perfect. rather lose these rim decals, but hey, that's sexiness 1x1.
i still like the idea of adding a ' like "ride'r harder!!!"

and btw, i have a chinese cycling jersey that says "firendly baked" (instead of "friendly") but nobody ever noticed it until i pointed it out.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
^^^^ this is gold lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014069
Mobile Version of Website