Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 22:19 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
lewis87 wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Awesome!!! Any side on piccies!

Had a toss up between Alpine and NS Eccentric a few years ago, ended up with NS but always had a soft spot for Alpine since

Cheers man!

I’ll need to get more pics out riding, I love an NS too! I tried to get hold of a surge frame recently but couldn’t get one, got a clash instead for mucking about on.
I have not seen those Renthal carbon bars with black in the middle and gold on the rest anywhere else, what generation are they ?

They are the Carbon Gold Limited Edition that was available, I’ve not seen another set before.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
lewis87 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
lewis87 wrote:

Cheers man!

I’ll need to get more pics out riding, I love an NS too! I tried to get hold of a surge frame recently but couldn’t get one, got a clash instead for mucking about on.
I have not seen those Renthal carbon bars with black in the middle and gold on the rest anywhere else, what generation are they ?

They are the Carbon Gold Limited Edition that was available, I’ve not seen another set before.

Very cool !

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
lewis87 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

Very cool !

I have those on my Marino. They were made for YT’s Pro Race models. Mine came off a 2018 YT Jeffsy Frame that I sold.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Getting there.

So tempted to cut my steerer down to an exact fit for the top cap on my Intend...just can't seem to do it for fear of moving to a new frame! Lol

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Getting there.

It's weird but this is one of my favorite bikes on the hardtail / sexy forum. I just can't look away. Nice work ... still needs an Intend fork though.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Getting there.

Really, really clean looking bike, but I gotta ask, what's the deal with the long(ish) stem?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 17:13 Quote

Stylus in a sea of periwinkles

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:32 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Getting there.

Fantastic build.. totally love this

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:46 Quote
jph406 wrote:

It's weird but this is one of my favorite bikes on the hardtail / sexy forum. I just can't look away. Nice work ... still needs an Intend fork though.

Cheers buddy. I'm trying to sell the 36 for a decent amount so I can get an Intend. I think it would look nice, and the reviews are very good.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:48 Quote
dagzin wrote:

Fantastic build.. totally love this

Cheers man. I believe one day I'll stop changing bits and actually riding it!!!!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:52 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

Really, really clean looking bike, but I gotta ask, what's the deal with the long(ish) stem?

Two reasons:

- I am doing less gravity-related stuff atm. Not going back to XC (too old for that), but what some call downcountry (or some shitty name that the industry makes up to squeeze our wallets). So the position that the longer stem provides works really well. I'm keeping a 35mm stem for those few rowdy days at the chairlift though.

-I could not put the AXS electronics inside the 35mm stem. It fits in the longer one, so it was kind of forced, but I'm liking it!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:54 Quote
matther01 wrote:

So tempted to cut my steerer down to an exact fit for the top cap on my Intend...just can't seem to do it for fear of moving to a new frame! Lol

I know...it is a stupid thing to do. If you change the frame, you're fecked. And if you try to sell the forks, the number of potential buyers is limited.

But it looks so much better than having extra spacers above the stem.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 3:40 Quote
Can't figure out from these photos - how did you solve the shifter/dropper triggers?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 3:44 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Can't figure out from these photos - how did you solve the shifter/dropper triggers?
Hi. The shifters are Zirbel.
They are the black thingies between the grips and the brake levers.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016011
Mobile Version of Website