Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
Arango3 wrote:
First post

2019(?) NS Bikes Eccentric I think I paid 160 shipped UK to NJ on clearance

close up to paint for those who might ask

Looks nice with the black kit... I have a 27.5 version frame same paint "midnight sky"sitting here in my living room waiting for trickle down parts as I upgrade my other bikes.. I also got mine for well under 200.00 amazing value seeing it comes with head set and axel...

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
Had it built up for a while , was a pretty fun bike but borrowed the parts off my Switchback and it needed them back, as I convert the Switchback to boost the wheels and fork will go to the NS..

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
@pyro what tensioner are you running on your pumptrack build? is it iscg mounted? would you recommend it, or should i stick with slider dropouts?

Some DMR tensioner, I think. ISCG03 mount. It does the job. No tensioner is always better, though. Stick with the sliders.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
Arango3 wrote:
First post

am i the only one to not see the pics?

thanks, pyro. i will.

and i think the intend forks looks so much worse since the black crown Frown i have no idea why cornelius did that.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

Nope.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:51 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

Nope.
Must be German censorship.Confused It is an eccentric alu evo 29 in midnight sky paint in front of an cool old moss covered sealed off mine shaft or something, use your imagination..

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Actually pretty nice looking bike, screenshot.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
thanks, mate. germany is the new china obvs.

neat rig tho, and tasteful photo.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 23:08 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
Arango3 wrote:
First post

thanks, pyro. i will.

and i think the intend forks looks so much worse since the black crown Frown i have no idea why cornelius did that.

I cannae see the pics either

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 3:55 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
nullzwo wrote:
Arango3 wrote:
First post

thanks, pyro. i will.

I cannae see the pics either

Can't see it either

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
Banan725135650 wrote:
My hardtail for the season 2021 in fr version. Pic by Mateusz Skrzek. 5

Chromag Stylus Smile

More picture of cassette derailleur plz!!

I'm actually looking for something special for my Rootdown.
A kind of really short 2 speeds derailleur or chain tensioner, with only 2 cogs on the freehub, one for single speed riding with a lower fastest ratio, and one with 1: 1 ratio for trial riding. I wouldn't mind having to manually change the 2 gears by hand, because it's not for trail riding, and I want to reduce the mechanics as much as possible (smallest tensioner, no lever, no cable, reduce the chain length to the minimum possible). That doesn't seem to exist! I think I will have to make it!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Depending on your crank choice a second smaller chainring at the front might be easier, if you're happy with the idea of manually changing between the two options.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
Paradis6 wrote:

More picture of cassette derailleur plz!!

I'm actually looking for something special for my Rootdown.
A kind of really short 2 speeds derailleur or chain tensioner, with only 2 cogs on the freehub, one for single speed riding with a lower fastest ratio, and one with 1: 1 ratio for trial riding. I wouldn't mind having to manually change the 2 gears by hand, because it's not for trail riding, and I want to reduce the mechanics as much as possible (smallest tensioner, no lever, no cable, reduce the chain length to the minimum possible). That doesn't seem to exist! I think I will have to make it!!

If you have a 2x set of cranks, put two chain rings on the cranks and two cogs on free hub. Then use something like the DMR STS to tighten the chain. The STS has some sliding side to side on the wheel so it may work.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
Anyone have an suggestion on an affordable but good quality rear hub. I may just do Hope but is there anything for a bit less that is worth considering?

Are Octane One, NS or Dartmoor hubs any good?

I am building a kind of aggressive rigid/bikepacking bike with two wheel sets. A 27.5+ which is going to be the normal trail wheels and 27.5 which are going to be fit with super fast rolling tires for gravel and light single track. I have a set of Hope hubs that I will use for the 27.5+ wheels. Looking for some hubs to use for the other wheels. Just need reliable. Super high engagement isn't super critical for that set.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012253
Mobile Version of Website