Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
nice. surge is so versatile but always fun.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
So cool

Dubble cool!

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Good evening guys!

I am on vacation at the beautiful Lago di Garda in north italy, southern alps, to visit my wifes mom. incredible mountainbike-mekka and the place where i discovered it for myself. anyway, dozens and dozens of long, steep and really chunky and gnarly trails (its famous for its gnarly stuff, flow is rare here). peaks up to 2000 m. i brought my bike, should have been great fun!!

unfortunately covid hit hard: my wifes mom got infected by her brother, i had a cold, after that my daughter... my test was negativ, still dont believe it. so i just had time for 2 rides: the first one was a black diamond for which i was definitely not ready. at least not after 1200 m climb, but probably even not without the climb. i recorded it on my actioncam, but i was so slow, that i cant show it to anybody. its just to boring and annoying... Big Grin that really grounded me. neither my riding skills nor my endurance could handle that trail.

btw: i put a FCK Flats insert in my reartire before! thank god i did it, took some edges out of the rocks. 10/10

the second ride was a 300 m climb followed by a really fun (blue), fast downhill-line. so good. unfortunately short too.

Anyway, i suggest this place to any european mountainbike enthusiast. the trails are all natural, many are old army-trails from 1st world war, as there were many battles due to the boarder between italy and the austrian-hungarian monarchy at that time. there are also daily mountainbike-shuttles if you dont wanna climb, fortunately no lifts. epic views and so on. and epic pizza for sure!

if it wasnt for cold/covid and my 2 little daughters i would have made more, especially more epic, pictures. and rides for sure! Madder

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Bike is looking awesome !

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
Glad to see you kept the "Rider Harder!!" decal

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
Also I have pictures of my WaltWorks
I'm shit at taking photos though.
WaltWorks full custom hardtail 140mm travel 63d HTA 74d STA 495 Reach -50mm BB 425-443mm Stays
WaltWorks full custom hardtail 140mm travel 63d HTA 74d STA 495 Reach -50mm BB 425-443mm Stays

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
Love it man. Really diggin the seat stays.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 4:12 Quote
A4S wrote:
Good evening guys!

I am on vacation at the beautiful Lago di Garda in north italy, southern alps, to visit my wifes mom. incredible mountainbike-mekka and the place where i discovered it for myself. anyway, dozens and dozens of long, steep and really chunky and gnarly trails (its famous for its gnarly stuff, flow is rare here). peaks up to 2000 m. i brought my bike, should have been great fun!!

unfortunately covid hit hard: my wifes mom got infected by her brother, i had a cold, after that my daughter... my test was negativ, still dont believe it. so i just had time for 2 rides: the first one was a black diamond for which i was definitely not ready. at least not after 1200 m climb, but probably even not without the climb. i recorded it on my actioncam, but i was so slow, that i cant show it to anybody. its just to boring and annoying... Big Grin that really grounded me. neither my riding skills nor my endurance could handle that trail.

btw: i put a FCK Flats insert in my reartire before! thank god i did it, took some edges out of the rocks. 10/10

the second ride was a 300 m climb followed by a really fun (blue), fast downhill-line. so good. unfortunately short too.

Anyway, i suggest this place to any european mountainbike enthusiast. the trails are all natural, many are old army-trails from 1st world war, as there were many battles due to the boarder between italy and the austrian-hungarian monarchy at that time. there are also daily mountainbike-shuttles if you dont wanna climb, fortunately no lifts. epic views and so on. and epic pizza for sure!

if it wasnt for cold/covid and my 2 little daughters i would have made more, especially more epic, pictures. and rides for sure! Madder

Nice Marino, thanks for the euro travel tip I might just have to take my Marino there :-) I not to far from it. By the sound of things you might have to go back there yourself.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:

Dope. I used to ride with a guy who only rode a rigid Walt 29r and swore by wtb weirwolfs, haha.

I think some custom fork decals w a matching yellow and pink would really bring it all together. Sick bike

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 19:23 Quote
Looks super rad Buggy333. Plush ride !

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
]

Dope. I used to ride with a guy who only rode a rigid Walt 29r and swore by wtb weirwolfs, haha.

I think some custom fork decals w a matching yellow and pink would really bring it all together. Sick bike

I think so too. Unfortunately nobody seems to sell custom Mezzer decals, and even if they did, the Mezzer decals go on the front of the fork and are barely visible. I thought about ordering some Mattoc decals and scribbling out the Mattoc with a sharpie. But certainly that has to be some sort of Faux-pas. Also mattoc decals are pretty ugly.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:51 Quote

Here's my Growler at Mont Sainte Anne and a photo I took at the peak.

As sketchy as this sounds, I actually cut 30mm off the seat tube of the frame with a hacksaw to run a longer 200m dropper. The lower the better IMO.

Specs if interested:

-Rockshox Lyrik rc2 160mm
-PNW rainier 200mm dropper and loam lever
-Specialized butcher and purgatory tires (2.6) with cushcore in the rear
-Raceface Aeffect R cranks
-Crank Brothers stamp 3 pedals
-200mm rotors with the stock mt201 brakes. (decent enough with the bigger rotors and metallic pads but will likely be the upgrade at some point. Thinking maguras.)
-Microshift Advent x drivetrain. (surprisingly good for the price)
-Stock bars stem, wtb saddle and wtb rims

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
Nice aggressive build ^

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
Not sketchy at all. Thats a baddass build mang.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
We've all cut seat tubes shorter... Or at least I have.

Fortunately, in the modern day and age it has become far less necessary because companies spec decent reaches so no need to size up and they spec shorter seattubes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017670
Mobile Version of Website