Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
I'm still only on a 170mm dropper (I'm 6'5"), I'd like to go for a 210mm but reliability has been a concern so think I'll keep with the 170mm until they break.

I'm 6'7 240lbs and have no issues with either of my oneup 210mm droppers. I have one on my HT (taival) and one on my full suspension (sentinel v2)

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
DC1988 wrote:
I'm still only on a 170mm dropper (I'm 6'5"), I'd like to go for a 210mm but reliability has been a concern so think I'll keep with the 170mm until they break.

I'm 6'7 240lbs and have no issues with either of my oneup 210mm droppers. I have one on my HT (taival) and one on my full suspension (sentinel v2)

I've also got 2 210mm V2 droppers and they've both been trouble free for over a year. Conversely I had a 170mm V1 that I had problems with due to tight cable routing.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
In its natural habitat....

Thats a beautiful Bike in Front of a beautiful Wall (No joke, perfect Background for a Mountainbike!)

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
commental wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
DC1988 wrote:

I've also got 2 210mm V2 droppers and they've both been trouble free for over a year. Conversely I had a 170mm V1 that I had problems with due to tight cable routing.

V2 one up has been a stellar upgrade. I’m 6’6”
and around 280lbs (not a little person….) and the v2 is the first to hold up long term for me.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
nwberm wrote:
skater73 wrote:
I’ll just leave this here. ( it gets more and more epic! )

No helmets. No pads. Just balls.

This totally hits home for me, best bmx movie to date, I'm 57 years old and this is about what the extent of BMX was for me, My junior Stingray was the shit with moto barrs...This is what riding bikes is all about for me and why I have never stopped doing it. So awesome that someone was capturing this footage.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 23:23 Quote
Thanks A4S.... thats a really cool wall. Its just there in the middle of rolling hills. I like the spot.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
Wade simmons the "Godfather of Freeride" my ass.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
Wade simmons the "Godfather of Freeride" my ass.

Whats this? you dissing the Sim?

Do tell... who else deserves to be on the list? (I actually do want to know, not just trolling here)

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
I was refering to the kids in the video, (Somewhat in jest).

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 2:32 Quote
Just a quick question: due to my low bb (-55mm) i wanna Switch to shorter cranks (165mm). I wanna buy used ones as i am still in the process of finding Out what feels best to me. I find many Shimano Saint cranks, which are for 83 mm BB, while my bb ist 73 mm wide. Is that a Problem or can i Just use some spacer to make it fit?

Thanks Guys!

PS: I am asking this only because i dont find Other Shimano (or raceface etc) cranks fitting for 73 mm bb

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
A4S wrote:
Just a quick question: due to my low bb (-55mm) i wanna Switch to shorter cranks (165mm). I wanna buy used ones as i am still in the process of finding Out what feels best to me. I find many Shimano Saint cranks, which are for 83 mm BB, while my bb ist 73 mm wide. Is that a Problem or can i Just use some spacer to make it fit?

Thanks Guys!

PS: I am asking this only because i dont find Other Shimano (or raceface etc) cranks fitting for 73 mm bb

Forget dodgy bb’s

Have you looked at Canfield cranks?

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
I think the Shimano Zee cranks come in the configuration you're looking for, just keep looking. One thing to consider is that some manufacturers don't shorten the crank arm but instead just drill the hole 5mm further up so you may still get crank arm strikes.

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
Ouh man that would be painful! Thanks for the advice, both of you! The canfield cranks would be perfect, but i cant buy them in Germany. Race face aeffect would be perfect, too, Just need to find some.

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
I only ride 165s and spend a lot of time looking for them so here's a list off the top of my head for 73mm bb.

Sram sx
Sram nx
Sram gx
Sram x01 eagle
Sram xx1 (8 bolt only)
Raceface sixc (spindle swapped)
Raceface atlas
Raceface turbine
Raceface aefect (pretty sure r variants for these two as well)
Raceface ride
Hope evo
Cane Creek eewings
Canfield cranks
Ethirteen trsr (should be the lightest on the list)
Shimano deore
Shimano slx
Shimano xt
Shimano xtr
Shimano zee
White industries eno
White industries m30
Profile elite mtb
FSA gradient (don't know FSA cranks very well cause like why would you buy them so I'm pretty sure there are others maybe the k forces)
Rotor kapic (I think)
Boone ti twist v2 (both versions)
Ingrid pop (technically 166 or something)
Dmr cranks (forget what they're called)

That's all I can think of right now and I don't feel like googling, but hopefully something is available

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
DMR Axe... great cranks but you need their own bb and tooling, if I remember well...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014641
Mobile Version of Website