PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slope wrote:
Wait...thought you all had Obama care??

We have some of the most f*cked health care options out there. Mega expensive

The Affordable Health Care Act is an extremely non progressive bi partisan movement...Both Obama and Bidien were and are way to conservative in this issue...I had insurance in 2018 and paid nearly half my income in premiums and deductibles.....but this is not the place for this discussion....so back to bikes....Big Grin

In deed....

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
That’s lovely slaker… and you will be back soon enough!

How’s the healing?
After 19 days in I am realizing I have some deep injuries but made it to work for 3 half days this week , was pretty brutal seeing I'm a plumber and its construction work....Not sure if it helps or hinders my recovery but I have a lot on the line with work.

I wish you just the best dude!!! thats bad news!

Just repainted my Marino as well as i couldnt stand the "rider harder" anymore. I am deeply sorry to its fanbase... Wink

Used spray.bike, color is "plumstead". It could be more than awesome, i just did a really shitty job sanding it as i am way to impatient and tried to use a drillingmachine with a alu-brush. i'm gonna put it under "trial and error" and give it a better try during winter i bet. the spray.bike is great, no "tears" or anything like it.

Its fun figuring out the "headtube-badge" (made a boar because they are just awesome) and the letters as well.

Thats what happens when you dont got enough time for riding but still wanna spend time with your bike in the evening...

btw: sorry for the shitty cable-job: i let a professional bike-shop install the new brakes because i dont have any proper tools for shortening the houses, but they kept it to long...

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Sad that Rider Harder is gone but I fully support you dipping your toes into spraying your own frames. BTW, i think it turned out pretty good for a first try Smile

PS I would have made the badge a sheep to tie back to Marino

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
A4S wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

How’s the healing?
After 19 days in I am realizing I have some deep injuries but made it to work for 3 half days this week , was pretty brutal seeing I'm a plumber and its construction work....Not sure if it helps or hinders my recovery but I have a lot on the line with work.

Just repainted my Marino as well as i couldnt stand the "rider harder" anymore. I am deeply sorry to its fanbase... Wink

Used spray.bike, color is "plumstead". It could be more than awesome, i just did a really shitty job sanding it as i am way to impatient and tried to use a drillingmachine with a alu-brush. i'm gonna put it under "trial and error" and give it a better try during winter i bet. the spray.bike is great, no "tears" or anything like it.

Its fun figuring out the "headtube-badge" (made a boar because they are just awesome) and the letters as well.

Thats what happens when you dont got enough time for riding but still wanna spend time with your bike in the evening...

btw: sorry for the shitty cable-job: i let a professional bike-shop install the new brakes because i dont have any proper tools for shortening the houses, but they kept it to long...

i liked the old paintjob, but i feel you regarding the typo. i'd have done the same...

do you have a geo chart at hand? is it 27.5"?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
A4S wrote:

Brake line length does not look too far off. Just tie the rear brake line and derailleur cable housing together with some electrical tape and do the same with the front brake line and dropper cable housing and it should look much better.
I like to tuck the the front brake line and dropper line behind the other two so that they do not flop about randomly.

Sort of like this:

improvised headset topcap and a Macride spacer

Paint job looks good enough. Nice steed!

I am in the middle of replacing parts on my broken Shan. I want to try to run it singlespeed again with some lighter tyres.
I now realized that I already put the ISCG05 chainguide that I need to tension the chain on another bike and that the front wheel that I want to use does not fit the boost fork Facepalm

[Borat]Great success![/Borat]

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
I think that Marino looks great.
Good paint job!!!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
@A4S - I think that Marino looks pretty good man... tup

@Branch Manager - I dig the e/tape thing. I have some thin self amalgamating tape I might use to try to clean up the routing out front...

biggest issue I have is the f**king brake line rattling against the top tube when I ride. Sounds so shitty and I haven't found anything to stop it. tingity ting of it slapping the alu top tube. Really Mad

Reminds me of that kinda nice car you're diggin' on at Cars and Coffee, but then you hear the balljoint in the right rear creaking when they leave. Facepalm

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
Pyro, you ever figure out what caused all those spokes to quit on you. Surely it wasn't the Shan's fault....

I like the purple. I would get another purple bike. My Process 111 in purple was the best.

I have the urge to find a good painter near me and paint my Chormag into a 1960/70's mustard yellow gold or pea soup green like you'd see on an old truck. the Rootdown just has that feel and while the indigo looks good, I think a terrible color like that would just sing on it. Pair up with some white decals with letters similar to the old Chevrolet.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
This bike rocks.... very aggressive lines iimho

thats really nice, looks great!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
adm750 wrote:
@A4S - I think that Marino looks pretty good man... tup

@Branch Manager - I dig the e/tape thing. I have some thin self amalgamating tape I might use to try to clean up the routing out front...

biggest issue I have is the f**king brake line rattling against the top tube when I ride. Sounds so shitty and I haven't found anything to stop it. tingity ting of it slapping the alu top tube. Really Mad

Reminds me of that kinda nice car you're diggin' on at Cars and Coffee, but then you hear the balljoint in the right rear creaking when they leave. Facepalm

some ducktape around the cable and tube. looks kinda crap, but works well. done it on multiple bikes when everything else failed.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
A4S wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

How’s the healing?

Looks wonderful !

I wasn't crazy about the original paint and decals on my 631 so I painted it as well....then I got sick of that color cause it seemed to become the trendy color and it dulled over time cause I used a satin color so Now Ive rated it and I think I will enjoy it ...

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
Funny thing is that after I painted it this color just about everyone on the trail wanted to stop me and ask me what baron it was, when it was red it never got a second look....

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:35 Quote
Currently in quarantine recovering from COVID and I'm missing riding so much. haha Haven't been on a bike in the past 4 or 5 weeks and haven't seen the trails in almost 2 months so decided to post some old photos HAHA.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Lame... hope you feel better soon prancis

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022598
Mobile Version of Website