Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Managed to put it together before work started. Didn't need a tensioner with a new chain.
Sorry about the potatoe cam. Will take better photos.

And I'm curios to try these bars. 25.4mm, DH rated, 760mm wide. Don't know exactly what to expect.

So ,,, magic gear ??? what size is your chain ring and cog ??

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
700-pirate wrote:

Pretty rad in steep terrain. If its mental will throw a hunt 29er wheel upfront.
Niiiiiice!!!

Perfect bike for this thread.... looks rowdy !

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 22:46 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
So ,,, magic gear ??? what size is your chain ring and cog ??

32 : 17

Running a different chainring this time, looks like I might get away with no tensioner for a good while.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
justgoride wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
Managed to put it together before work started. Didn't need a tensioner with a new chain.
Sorry about the potatoe cam. Will take better photos.

And I'm curios to try these bars. 25.4mm, DH rated, 760mm wide. Don't know exactly what to expect.

looks super nice, what frame is it again?

If you click on the pic it will take you to the album named Production Privee Shan. My first guess was a RSD Middlechild.

ah thanks, looked like an RSD to me too but i didn't want to assume anything and as it turns out i was indeed wrong

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
how could it look like and RSD since it has the straight seat tube and the bent one on RSD is the first thing that's just popping up in your eyes?

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
deniedway wrote:
how could it look like and RSD since it has the straight seat tube and the bent one on RSD is the first thing that's just popping up in your eyes?

ah yes, my immediate perception of what something might be us obviously wrong and should be ignored. the first thing i saw was the seat tube brace which looks like an RSD to me.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
justgoride wrote:
deniedway wrote:

ah yes, my immediate perception of what something might be us obviously wrong and should be ignored. the first thing i saw was the seat tube brace which looks like an RSD to me.

It's the other way round actually. The RSD seat tube brace looks like the Production Privee seat tube brace Wink
They've been doing that since 2012 at least.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
justgoride wrote:
deniedway wrote:

It's the other way round actually. The RSD seat tube brace looks like the Production Privee seat tube brace Wink
They've been doing that since 2012 at least.

my bad haha, ive seen more RSDs than Production Privees

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:41 Quote
damn pyro your shan kremer is still one of the nicest for me in the whole thread!
i am looking since forever for an xl new shan or shan gt frame in the classifieds.
does anybody know an xl frame for sale?

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Finally back in the steel family with this weekend Chromag build! Swapped everything over from my Nukeproof Scout frame, plan to build that one back up next spring as a lighter weight aggro XC toy.

Been breaking it in and fine-tuning fitment on some street rides (hence the Schwalbe Supermoto tires), absolutely loving these short chainstays.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
jakalwil wrote:
Finally back in the steel family with this weekend Chromag build! Swapped everything over from my Nukeproof Scout frame, plan to build that one back up next spring as a lighter weight aggro XC toy.

Been breaking it in and fine-tuning fitment on some street rides (hence the Schwalbe Supermoto tires), absolutely loving these short chainstays.

Very cool ! Aw damn, didn't know those tires existed, was looking for something like that for setting a bike up more for urban riding .....ended up buying some cheap specialized semi slaughters....

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
[Quote="mtnryder-co"]
jakalwil wrote:
Very cool ! Aw damn, didn't know those tires existed, was looking for something like that for setting a bike up more for urban riding .....ended up buying some cheap specialized semi slaughters....
Yeah they weren't on my radar either, until I decided to retire these old Nukeproof Horizon wheels as street shoes. Filtered tires by price on all the online shops, CRC had these on clearance for 15 bucks a piece. Heavy but squishy and indestructible

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
[Quote="jakalwil"]
mtnryder-co wrote:
jakalwil wrote:
Yeah they weren't on my radar either, until I decided to retire these old Nukeproof Horizon wheels as street shoes. Filtered tires by price on all the online shops, CRC had these on clearance for 15 bucks a piece. Heavy but squishy and indestructible
They look perfect for urban assault riding.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
My old 631 Switchback with a new subdued look, all very used bits except for a new PNW dropper, I cleaned the chain and cassette a little to much so will have to build up some dirt and grime on it to stop it from skipping on a few cogs..

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
[Quote="mtnryder-co"]
jakalwil wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

They look perfect for urban assault riding.

Yep, my old Chromag now runs slicks, Maxxis , beer run & kebab special

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014753
Mobile Version of Website