Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Didn’t like the DMR stem. The clamp never held well enough. But damn that Marino looks legit.

What do you mean by clamp never held well enough? I have a Copperhead on my spur. One and a half seasons now. I have used carbon prep between bar and stem, and anti-seize between stem and steer. Torqued to spec. Zero issues.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
I think it was the defy2 where the bolts were forward of the stem and you essentially had to a clamp mechanism that compressed the stem on then steerer.

https://intheknowcycling.com/product/dmr-defy-2-stem-black-35-0mm-50mm-10deg-dmr-stm-defy2-50k/

It always slid around with impacts.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
I'm running Defy 50 on my hardtail with no issues so far. With the gap between the bar clamps I can fit my GoPro light mount in a central position as well.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I think it was the defy2 where the bolts were forward of the stem and you essentially had to a clamp mechanism that compressed the stem on then steerer.

https://intheknowcycling.com/product/dmr-defy-2-stem-black-35-0mm-50mm-10deg-dmr-stm-defy2-50k/

It always slid around with impacts.

Yeah I figured that's what you're referring to. I never experienced that on my Pedalhead, but then again never took a big impact. The one on that bike has some grooves on the inner "shim" that appear to bite into the steerer tube as you torque it down.
IDK, I'm not too picky as long as it's low stack, this Lyrik I have is a take-off from my Capra which I recently sold the frame and YT cuts the damn steerer so short at assembly

update: bought a DMR Defy35+ off buy/sell here on PB and ordered 165mm SRAM DUB SX boost crankset on WWC and with my coupon the crankset was $80, since I already have a BSA DUB BB on hand, it's happening! Probably swap the 32t ring for 30t oval (WT or OneUp). I can't wait to start building up this mullet.
Anyone got a 30.9 diameter dropper post? I can swap a 31.6 OneUp 210.
C'mon Marino, ship it!

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
But damn that Marino looks legit.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Just changed the gearing on my Shan for something easier. Hopefully 34:19 will work better. 32:17 just was a bit too try-hard.

Looks the same, so I'll post a before photo.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
i guess gearing around 2:1-ish is just a summer thing for me, works on dry surfaces with a fast rolling tire. as soon as the trails become muddy, the tire alone won't help it...

i'll go with 32-18 for the rest of man season.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 18:20 Quote

Here’s my new Marino. I ordered the frame back in June and received it last week. It’s based off a large rootdown with 1 degree slacker head angle, 1 degree steeper seat angle and 5mm lower bb. Unfortunately our weather has gone so it’s gonna be on a trainer for the next few months.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 18:32 Quote
That is awesome...... but putting that bike on a trainer is a sin....You must have some full on winter weather not being able to ride at all...Cant wait to hear how it is on the trail with that geo... I like the BTR style brace...

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Here’s my new Marino. I ordered the frame back in June and received it last week. It’s based off a large rootdown with 1 degree slacker head angle, 1 degree steeper seat angle and 5mm lower bb. Unfortunately our weather has gone so it’s gonna be on a trainer for the next few months.

Is that a Box Prime 9 I see? Big Grin

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
That is awesome...... but putting that bike on a trainer is a sin....You must have some full on winter weather not being able to ride at all...Cant wait to hear how it is on the trail with that geo... I like the BTR style brace...

Thanks! I’m pretty pumped to try it out. It feels great around the driveway so far lol
I love the rootdown, so am very hopeful that this is as good or better!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 19:01 Quote
prancisfena wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Lol unfortunately not. It’s a box 2 11 speed. I do have the prime 9 on my 21’ Meta AM though and am really happy with it!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
prancisfena wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Lol unfortunately not. It’s a box 2 11 speed. I do have the prime 9 on my 21’ Meta AM though and am really happy with it!

OOH noice. I'm on a singlespeed setup now, but on the fence if Imma go back to a geared setup (which is either my old 11 speed XT or if I should go get a Prime 9 set from Box haha)

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
That thing is baddass!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
And forgot to ask, what make is the camo saddle ??

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011879
Mobile Version of Website