Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 22:25 Quote
that's a real nice marino build.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 23:16 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
And forgot to ask, what make is the camo saddle ??

I would say it's a DMR OiOi Camo saddle

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 1:29 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

Yep 2nd that.. looks fantastic

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
photo
photo

wave'er goodbye before she's slaughtered...

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
Haha you're right.. mixed feelings but as Celine Dion said, my heart will go on...

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
This frame is dated by todays geo trends but I think I still really enjoy it....Thinking of getting a new fork as this particular Pike has never really felt that good....What could I expect to notice if I go from a 46mm offset to a 37mm offset ???? I can get a great deal on a new 2020 fox grip 2 OE, at the moment.... Any input would be appreciated.

photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Timeless classic. I think the harmony within the geo numbers is more important than if this or that number is more modern than years before.
Regarding offset, it has to fit to HA and cockpit length imho to feel right. On my former Cotic Rocket mk2 a 51mm offset fork always felt wrong, frontwheel always turned aside holding the bike standing, steering didn't feel as natural as should, on the Bigwig it was right and didn't turn itself. I guess generally slacker HA work better with shorter offset?

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
Timeless classic. I think the harmony within the geo numbers is more important than if this or that number is more modern than years before.
Regarding offset, it has to fit to HA and cockpit length imho to feel right. On my former Cotic Rocket mk2 a 51mm offset fork always felt wrong, frontwheel always turned aside holding the bike standing, steering didn't feel as natural as should, on the Bigwig it was right and didn't turn itself. I guess generally slacker HA work better with shorter offset?

Yep, just read an article on it.....Shorter offset with slack hta makes for stable on fast downs which there tends to be a lot of in my riding so now all I have to think about is having to deal with the huge amount of adjustability on the grip2 or just wait and pony up for the 2022 fit 4 for simple adjustability, lockout and the new lower leg bypass channels and bleeder buttons which all sounds very cool....

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
dagzin wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

Yep 2nd that.. looks fantastic

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
Question for all of you...
I currently own a full custom Marino frame and am thinking about going hardtail full time. I'm looking for a builder who can do full custom, similar to Marino, but preferably in North America even better if in the States.

Looking for steel, around the $2,000 mark, and seems as though they'll be around in 5 to 10 years. I was looking at Waltworks, but he's semi-retired as of a few weeks ago and his build queue is roughly 12-16 months now and the only other option that looked along those lines was Daam Built.

Any others that you guys know of that st would be worth a peek?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
Not sure if he’s still building but Curtlo in Winthrop, WA makes some seriously beautiful frames. Buddy had a purpose built xc race frame and it was so damn good. But that was many years ago (10+). Best of luck

https://curtlo.com/

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
I currently own a full custom Marino frame and am thinking about going hardtail full time. I'm looking for a builder who can do full custom, similar to Marino, but preferably in North America even better if in the States.

Looking for steel, around the $2,000 mark, and seems as though they'll be around in 5 to 10 years. I was looking at Waltworks, but he's semi-retired as of a few weeks ago and his build queue is roughly 12-16 months now and the only other option that looked along those lines was Daam Built.

I don't know too much about him other than he's in Colorado but https://www.blacksheepbikes.com/ might be worth a shout. Quality appears high and he seems to be into some funky stuff

The Reeb guys might be worth a check out too, they might be able to at least point you in a diretion

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
Tayrob wrote:

44bikes is also a good one

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
Tayrob wrote:

Tons speckled around.

Check out Corvid and Sklar for a couple contrasting designs but both are stunning.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020658
Mobile Version of Website