Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
I really like my Outboard. Great battery life and light.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 7:12 Quote

Cheap one on the left was eBay £19, lasts for 3hrs 15mins on low setting
Second left, my rear light which can double as a helmet light - single red, twin white - very bright

Far right is an 1800, two or three settings, can’t remember what the Gemini (Double) is (but the battery can be mounted on your helmet too, as short cable. That thing is super bright and has four settings .. and a remote, which is brilliant when on your head as no fiddling about , even with gloves

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Second left, my rear light which can double as a helmet light - single red, twin white - very bright

Far right is an 1800, two or three settings, can’t remember what the Gemini (Double) is (but the battery can be mounted on your helmet too, as short cable. That thing is super bright and has four settings .. and a remote, which is brilliant when on your head as no fiddling about , even with gloves

the double shot looks like a lupine piko (or clone thereof) to me - rather expensive, but worth every penny. besides that, wide angle beam on the bar plus a spot on the helmet is the best. 1000 (real) lumen for each will be enough. good light distribution is way more important than just brightness.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Fair point. Might as well try 2mm thick rotors. IME Magura rotors distort less than the thinner Shimano ones. Never used IceTech, though.
Although Magura rotors might not work well with Shimano pads.

Changed tyres on this one. Waaaayy better than the Onza Ibex. This thing really does ride way better than it has any right to.

Also tried to run a 10s road bike cassette cog in the rear, because it was easier to source than the equivalently sized singlespeed cog. Stupid idea, don't do that.

Love that brodie.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Primo123 wrote:
Night riding noob here. best bang for buck bar and helmet light?

Oooof whats your budget?

Im needing to replace 10 year old barmount CatEye 1200... still going but life of charge is waning. Its been solid for the 250$ range.

Outbound is a newer company out of the states. Lots of folks using them up here. Around 250$ For that as well 2100-2200 lumens.
I might try that out.

Helmet you can get away with 600-1000+ lumens. I have light in motion 800.

You can buy cheaper chinese lights. And I have. Lights typically are pretty good. The bar mounts typically are not. Shitty bar mounts are lame. Lights flipping up in your eyes etc. dangerous really. That said a little electrical tape ghettowrapped around the mount (as I currently have) will work....

2 cents...

Thanks man, I think the Outbound combo looks solid

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

now you got me searching for moar lights soup...! tup

I only run a pair of Niterider mi-newts. Dual lamps on one battery. I like 'em...and they give off great light but are getting old and don't last on high as well... Can't bitch though, $24 on e/bay a few years back...

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

now you got me searching for moar lights soup...! tup

I only run a pair of Niterider mi-newts. Dual lamps on one battery. I like 'em...and they give off great light but are getting old and don't last on high as well... Can't bitch though, $24 on e/bay a few years back...

Initially I didn’t want to pay good money for what was, essentially, a glorified torch lol The eBay cheapo battery has been flawless for 8 or so years.
To be fair, most ‘medium price range‘ lights are now pretty darn good, not ever felt sketchy or worried about failure.
Prolonged exposure to rain over here is a given, so priority one was totally waterproof, so bought the couple others ones above. Older ones run hot as nowhere for the heat to go, really impressed with how efficient modern lights are, decent run times (4hrs+) with a broad spread of light , even on lower settings

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 11:54 Quote

https://instagram.com/intent_bikes?utm_medium=copy_link

Digging this dudes work, whether old or new. Seem to recall Sedate

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
So I'm looking in to getting another hardtail and currently up in the air between the 27.5 Vitus Sentier VR and the Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp. Any thoughts between the two, I don't have much experience with either brand.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
bahamabermzz wrote:
So I'm looking in to getting another hardtail and currently up in the air between the 27.5 Vitus Sentier VR and the Nukeproof Scout 275 Comp. Any thoughts between the two, I don't have much experience with either brand.

They are really similar. I think the sentier has 10mm shorter ChainStays than the Scout. Otherwise you are just looking a slightly different spec, maxxis vs schwalbe, wtb vs sun ringle, etc. I'd get the scout as vitus is a budget brand and the frame detail, paint etc are probably just a little nicer on the Nukeproof. Kind of a toss up though.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
I had a sentier 29 and really liked it but I think the Scout is a little more aggressive.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
bahamabermzz wrote:

They are really similar. I think the sentier has 10mm shorter ChainStays than the Scout. Otherwise you are just looking a slightly different spec, maxxis vs schwalbe, wtb vs sun ringle, etc. I'd get the scout as vitus is a budget brand and the frame detail, paint etc are probably just a little nicer on the Nukeproof. Kind of a toss up though.

I'm def leaning towards the Nukeproof. I know it is a tick more expensive, but I'm okay with that if it's solid.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
Ok so 26in tire options. I am building an single speed and I want something faster rolling then Minion DHF but not shitty like an Ardent. I was thinkimg Continental Mountain King or Maxxis High Roller. Any other suggestions?

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
Ok so 26in tire options. I am building an single speed and I want something faster rolling then Minion DHF but not shitty like an Ardent. I was thinkimg Continental Mountain King or Maxxis High Roller. Any other suggestions?

I have liked the maxxis rekons for that. Roll faster but still decent grip in the turns

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011943
Mobile Version of Website