Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Ok so 26in tire options. I am building an single speed and I want something faster rolling then Minion DHF but not shitty like an Ardent. I was thinkimg Continental Mountain King or Maxxis High Roller. Any other suggestions?

I have liked the maxxis rekons for that. Roll faster but still decent grip in the turns

Wtb trailboss

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 0:19 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Ok so 26in tire options. I am building an single speed and I want something faster rolling then Minion DHF but not shitty like an Ardent. I was thinkimg Continental Mountain King or Maxxis High Roller. Any other suggestions?

I have liked the maxxis rekons for that. Roll faster but still decent grip in the turns

Wtb trailboss

Or WTB Vigilante&Trail Boss

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

the Rekons aren't available in 26in or that would have been my first choice.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 4:01 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Wtb trailboss

That is interesting option. I was hoping for more volume then a 2.25 but I will keep it in mind.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
Has anyone tried the Der Kaiser or Trail King?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Wtb trailboss

That is interesting option. I was hoping for more volume then a 2.25 but I will keep it in mind.

https://www.wtb.com/collections/tires/products/trail-boss-2-4-2-6?variant=39495191887949

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
Red-October wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:

Wtb trailboss

https://www.wtb.com/collections/tires/products/trail-boss-2-4-2-6?variant=39495191887949

Not 26in though

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

De kaiser is great on the front and the back as a set. I have used a trail king one the rear paired with a de kaiser on the front. Trail king works on the front as well

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

the Rekons aren't available in 26in or that would have been my first choice.

Oh goodness I registered that as 2.6 lol 26 is tougher... I liked the table tops years ago ...

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

Maxxis site says DHF is faster rolling than high roller. I've only has High roller up front and it seems comparable to DHF

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
The high roller 26in was the ultimate tyre in the Lake District UK early 2000's, it had plenty of grip on loose wet rock and rolled fast on gravel surfaces when you needed to winch yourself back up fire roads. I think 99% of people either ran the original version or the II version for about a 6/7 year period. I've still got a pair of the dh version in my attic in case 26in makes a big comeback. Great treads!

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

De kaiser is great on the front and the back as a set. I have used a trail king one the rear paired with a de kaiser on the front. Trail king works on the front as well

How does the De Kaiser compare to a DHF?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

I prefered the De kaiser Projekt over the maxxis tyres. I recently gave a buddy a 26er set for a dh bike that used to run maxxis and he is loving the de kaisers as well. He cant believe the amount of grip they offer.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Riyadh wrote:

I prefered the De kaiser Projekt over the maxxis tyres. I recently gave a buddy a 26er set for a dh bike that used to run maxxis and he is loving the de kaisers as well. He cant believe the amount of grip they offer.

i just started running the der kaisers in 29" on my enduro bike. amazing grip and sidewalls seem pretty stiff for a ~1000g tire. if they last a good amount of time it'll be one of my favs.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

i just started running the der kaisers in 29" on my enduro bike. amazing grip and sidewalls seem pretty stiff for a ~1000g tire. if they last a good amount of time it'll be one of my favs.

Yeah, sidewalls have plenty rubber and contis tend to last very long and generally they are lighter compared to other tyres and plenty stronger. I have yet to break a knob off a conti enduro or donwhill tyre. I have this problem with maxxis tyres and cant stand it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024127
Mobile Version of Website