Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 3:14 Quote
This is rad.
Also not mine.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 5:38 Quote

This thing turned out to be the perfect winter beater bike. Cheap frame, clapped out fork that works well enough most of the time, bombproof build, decent ergonomics...lots to like, not much to dislike.
On saturday I figured it would be a good idea to test the Grease Guard part of the headset.
Was not necessary but it works brilliantly.

Since that Manitou SX has grease ports as well I could not resist to squirt some Teflon grease in there as well.
Lucky as I am the bushing play is almost gone and the sticky white grease acts as a crude form of a pedaling platform. Pretty neat!

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
So I can't find Problem Solvers frame saver anywhere. Does anyone have alternative solution they recommend for steel frames

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 16:14 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
So I can't find Problem Solvers frame saver anywhere. Does anyone have alternative solution they recommend for steel frames

Boeshield

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 18:32 Quote
my hardtail after a day at windrock
it is a 2021 Dartmoor Hornet that I built from the frame up.
my bike got dirty

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 20:38 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

Fluid film

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 21:04 Quote
bikeryder85 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Fluid film

+1

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
bikeryder85 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Fluid film

+1

It's basically spray-on lanolin. Good stuff, and you can get it at most auto part stores. I use it control rust on my old truck, though have to reapply every once in a while. I do it yearly.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
Maiden voyage this morning on the snow packed singletrack. My front tire went flat and had to cut it short. I believe I just need to add more sealant (I hope). The great thing is I am running Tannus inserts and was able to ride 2ish miles back to the car with no issues. I do not like the bars I used, so new ones will be ordered by the end of today. Also, need to adjust saddle angle, but that may have been thrown off with the front flat. Everything else worked great.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
that bike is badass. I could wax a Honzo... tup

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
For the money, the Honzo is hard to beat. I had a Gen 1 and it was such a great ride. Kona keeps improving this lineage. The ESD addressed a lot of the requests for longer, slacker.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Far be it for me to be a tease, this is what I’m building up.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
Beauty... whatchu got there?

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Far be it for me to be a tease, this is what I’m building up.

Oooh you bagged it! I recall you mentioning this in another thread tup

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013085
Mobile Version of Website