Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:


I guess I have not heard of the tube armor, just looked it up.So you're saying at times you pinch the tire but tube survives ?

tube doesn't survive, but since its the tannus tube armor, you just put a new tube in and that new tube is now protected by the armor. and no sealant mess to deal with, and you don't have to ride out with a pool noodle on your neck.

@buggyr333 - do you run those on your FS too? i'm running cushcore rear on both hardtail and FS and so far have only flatted the HT once and bent the FS rim once, but the tubed tannus armor is intriguing...

I only run it on the rear of the hardtail, not on my fully. Been running rimpact pro w/ DD tire on the fully and not had issues there. But that was not enough on hardtail.

Good to know, thanks! Have you run cushcore before? Curious if you can compare it to rimpact

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 14:07 Quote

Pretty happy with how well this thing rides. Jumped the gun on painting the lowers before the frame arrived and the shade is different. Going to paint them back to gloss black as I think the pink frame is all the pink it needs lol

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Pretty happy with how well this thing rides. Jumped the gun on painting the lowers before the frame arrived and the shade is different. Going to paint them back to gloss black as I think the pink frame is all the pink it needs lol

Oooof I kinda like it!

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
Finished up the leftover parts torrent. Urban shakedown ride was a lot of fun. Like a giant dirt jump bike.

Still working on figuring out bar height (hence the almost un-cut steerer) but I'll ride it on some rowdy stuff before making up my mind. I already know I need a 35-40mm stem, the 50 is a stretch. (XL frame)

But came out pretty good for stuff I had laying around the garage and up the shop. Sensible parts that will do the job.

36 Rhythm (160mm)
SLX/Deore drivetrain
SLX 4 pistons
one up 210mm dropper (slammed to the collar is perfect saddle height!) Smile
E13 wheels (give these weeks before they are broken)


Posted: May 15, 2022 at 17:46 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Pretty happy with how well this thing rides. Jumped the gun on painting the lowers before the frame arrived and the shade is different. Going to paint them back to gloss black as I think the pink frame is all the pink it needs lol

Oooof I kinda like it!

Actually loving that color on that mag. edit

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 17:50 Quote
More photos of the primer please ! I am not a matchey-matchey guy with forks and frames but I really do like the matching fork on this rig

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
More photos of the primer please ! I am not a matchey-matchey guy with forks and frames but I really do like the matching fork on this rig

Thanks! Unfortunately it’s quite noticeable that it’s a different shade of pink. I only have these two dirty shots from today but it has a box one prime 9 drive train, Trp quadiems, hunt enduro wide v2 wheels, Dmr crank, title bars, chromag stem and a Sam Hill saddle. Feels great!

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 18:52 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Pretty happy with how well this thing rides. Jumped the gun on painting the lowers before the frame arrived and the shade is different. Going to paint them back to gloss black as I think the pink frame is all the pink it needs lol

That bike is the fuq'n NuTz!! LOVE the color, everything. tup


~JSV

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 19:09 Quote
Two different shades of pink....first world problems. Beer

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 20:35 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Two different shades of pink....first world problems. Beer

I like the two different shades of pink. It’s the idea of a contrasting fork saying “factory-level” like red RS or orange Fox, but complementary instead of horribly clashing.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 22:06 Quote
melanthius wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Two different shades of pink....first world problems. Beer

I like the two different shades of pink. It’s the idea of a contrasting fork saying “factory-level” like red RS or orange Fox, but complementary instead of horribly clashing.

Agreed

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 23:51 Quote
Loving the pink Chromag!

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
Picking the brains of your hardtailers a bit here.

I haven't owned one since 1997 so it's basically like starting all over again.

Do you guys set up your fork different to a dually? Ie is there a rule of thumb that you need more support in a hardtail fork than a dual sus?

Reason I ask, on my Torrent, at 160mm travel that should give me a 63.6 Deg H/A which is plenty slack, but I feel like i'm pivoting forward more than I would like, the fork is set up 15% sag (92psi, fox 36) and 2 spacers, so it's a firm setup.

Or is more a setup thing? Maybe raise bar height more? I have 35mm under the stem but only a 20mm rise, I typically set all my bikes up with bar height (at the grip) at my bellybutton height and that's a good spot for me. I like them very high from my DH days.

Perhaps a shorter stem too?

TLDR; feeling like I'm pitching forward on my first hardtail since jesus rode one.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012571
Mobile Version of Website