Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
[

A shitty trek 3700 was my first mtb. Got it just as a commuter in college but then my neighbors took me camping/riding in Moab and that was how it all started for me. I gave it to my little brother who promptly got it stolen by leaving it unsecured on a rack outside a bar. Still regret that to this day. I owe a lot to that pos trek and wish I still had it.

Fantastic. Similar story here. My first was a $300 rigid chromo house-brand bike from the mall sporting goods store. Cantis and an Alivio 3x7 drivetrain. Bought for commuting but same people riding on trails I hiked with my family and just jumped in. I started tinkering and after many iterations it got relegated to cargo bike duty with an Xtracycle attachment and was used daily until it got stolen from a bike rack at college (they picked the barrel lock). I still miss ‘ol Shitty.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
tunnelvision wrote:
....BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

Killer bikes my friend!! tup

Can't believe this TREK lol! I had one very similar, I think it was the same model, 4300 disc? I had a great set of Manitou forks on it, got stolen. Rode that for many many years and wore out 2 sets of forks on it, and 3 drivetrains lol!

~JSV

A shitty trek 3700 was my first mtb. Got it just as a commuter in college but then my neighbors took me camping/riding in Moab and that was how it all started for me. I gave it to my little brother who promptly got it stolen by leaving it unsecured on a rack outside a bar. Still regret that to this day. I owe a lot to that pos trek and wish I still had it.

For me it was a brand new shiny red 1986 Marin Madrone Trail that costed $200.00 brand new..It was pretty fancy at the time and got me hooked, I sold that bike to my roommate at the time so I could get the Pine Mountain when it came out...My roommate got so into it that he became a innovator of mountain bikes and mtb suspension and started a company that he sold but is still around today .

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Was your roommate Dave Weagle?

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 12:30 Quote
New Hunt Spinners for the Wolf

New Hunt Spinners

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
Decal green is off from the frame color. 0/10 Would not bang. lol

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
Don’t forget the vintage fork offset. Gross.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 15:18 Quote
IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN!!!

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
You two wouldn’t know class if it bit you in the ass.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
New Hunt Spinners for the Wolf

New Hunt Spinners

f*ckin A ! ,This looks great !

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:02 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
No, just a dude that keeps a low profile in the central mountains of colorado... his product was named after the place I live.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
Rå .410

I’m quite pleased with how it’s turned out.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
No, just a dude that keeps a low profile in the central mountains of colorado... his product was named after the place I live.

Doug B?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012157
Mobile Version of Website