Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
Gold and purple are complementary, they don't clash. If there's a problem it's that there are other gold parts like stem, chainring, pedals and seat colar. It's just too much. Black parts only would look fine with the kashima and purple frame.

The shape of the frame does look dated but it is in a way an iconic frame, as it was one of those that made people realise that 29ers can be fun if designed so.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 5:08 Quote
New bars on the Loco Moto and new trails in Golden, CO.
Deity Highside 35mm 50mm rise, I run Control Tech extensions so total width is 840mm.

If my Raceface Turbine/Atlas cranks didn't work so deng well I would be much more inclined to spend the buckaroos on Eewings since they would look sooooooo good. *Homer Simpson drooling face*
Evan

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
tunnelvision wrote:
Deity Highside 35mm 50mm rise, I run Control Tech extensions so total width is 840mm.

If my Raceface Turbine/Atlas cranks didn't work so deng well I would be much more inclined to spend the buckaroos on Eewings since they would look sooooooo good. *Homer Simpson drooling face*
Evan

I believe you but photos aren't loading. Curious what this new trail in Golden is.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
tunnelvision wrote:

Evan

I believe you but photos aren't loading. Curious what this new trail in Golden is.

I think he means "new to me" trail in Golden?
There's no new trails in Golden that I'm aware of from JCOS, City of Golden, or COMBA.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Thanks for the suggestions re: bar height on hardtails.

Got some Deity skyline 38mm rise bars and nice 35mm deity stem, so much more comfortable descending now, I dropped a spacer so bar height about 15mm higher than previous but that was enough to not feel like I was pitching forward as much.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions re: bar height on hardtails.

Got some Deity skyline 38mm rise bars and nice 35mm deity stem, so much more comfortable descending now, I dropped a spacer so bar height about 15mm higher than previous but that was enough to not feel like I was pitching forward as much.

Heck yeah!

Don’t be afraid to try swapping spacers around to go even higher and see how it feels. I found that my ideal bar height was quite a bit higher than I had anticipated.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 3:41 Quote
Built a 2nd set of wheels & tyres for my Nordest Lacrau Ti Pinion for gravel riding & local mellow summer stuff.

2nd 27.5 3" set

Main 29er set

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
Nice... how you like the Teravails?

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:07 Quote
Ti frames look so much better with tan walls imo

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
Built a 2nd set of wheels & tyres for my Nordest Lacrau Ti Pinion for gravel riding & local mellow summer stuff.

2nd 27.5 3" set

Main 29er set
[/P]

This is the dream. Bad to the bone.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:

I switched from Google images to PB images so they should work now.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
chacou wrote:

I think he means "new to me" trail in Golden?
There's no new trails in Golden that I'm aware of from JCOS, City of Golden, or COMBA.

Correct, new to me. I just moved to Arvada.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice... how you like the Teravails?

Haven't ridden on them yet, hopefully will get out tomorrow. I've heard they don't like super low pressure despite being a true 3" wide so I might need to expirement a little.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:

2nd 27.5 3" set

Absolutely love the bike. Can't miss with that one tup That really is a beauty of a frame. OK so I must be a dummy-n00b to the tech on this bike, but could you enlighten me on what's going w/the BB? Is that a gearbox for the belt-drive?

~JSV

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

Killer bikes my friend!! tup

Can't believe this TREK lol! I had one very similar, I think it was the same model, 4300 disc? I had a great set of Manitou forks on it, got stolen. Rode that for many many years and wore out 2 sets of forks on it, and 3 drivetrains lol!

~JSV

A shitty trek 3700 was my first mtb. Got it just as a commuter in college but then my neighbors took me camping/riding in Moab and that was how it all started for me. I gave it to my little brother who promptly got it stolen by leaving it unsecured on a rack outside a bar. Still regret that to this day. I owe a lot to that pos trek and wish I still had it.

For me it was a brand new shiny red 1986 Marin Madrone Trail that costed $200.00 brand new..It was pretty fancy at the time and got me hooked, I sold that bike to my roommate at the time so I could get the Pine Mountain when it came out...My roommate got so into it that he became a innovator of mountain bikes and mtb suspension and started a company that he sold but is still around today .

I was a die-hard BMXer when I was younger, and the whole genre' was kind of in it's early stages. So busy in my other doings and work and what-have-you, that for years I didn't ride much at all. Got back into it in the 90's when I saw "mountain bikes" were like the new BMX for adults so to speak. So THAT got me hooked, and I got the same Trek 800 a friend had and used it for everything. We rode nasty stuff on those old rigid bikes. Can't believe how far the development of the bikes and suspension become.

~JSV

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010625
Mobile Version of Website