Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
I managed to get 3 laps with the dog today at Laggan Wolftrax trails. Nice wee trailpark if you're in the Highlands.

Damn that bike's lookin' killer in it's natural habitat, very unique, love that frame! tup

~JSV
Cheers mate!! Agreed, all bikes look better on the woods. I usually take crappy pictures of the bike in the car park, hahaha!!!
I try to take nice pictures showing the landscape, but my bloody dog starts barking like crazy every time I stop!!! He's like one of those hyper-motivated personal trainers, hahahaha!!!!

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
JonDud wrote:
5am desert rides are back on the menu.

Nice ony boy! Bike and picture! that must be stunning!
It also reminds me that in my case 8 pm rides are back on the menu - at least on sunny days as my rides are alyways "deep in the woods"... bohooo Batman

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
A4S wrote:
JonDud wrote:

Nice ony boy! Bike and picture! that must be stunning!
It also reminds me that in my case 8 pm rides are back on the menu - at least on sunny days as my rides are alyways "deep in the woods"... bohooo Batman

Dawn/Dusk patrol is where its at. Uhh nevermind, i meant to say it sucks riding during those hours. Everyone keep riding between 9 and 5. Thx

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Dawn/Dusk patrol is where its at. Uhh nevermind, i meant to say it sucks riding during those hours. Everyone keep riding between 9 and 5. Thx

Absolutely; because the temperature gets up to 115°f (46°c) we don't have any other choice in the summer. I tend to lean more toward my road bike this time of year because I can just wake up and hop on the bike without having to drive to the trails. I am building up a gravel bike right now for the ability to RIDE from the door to the trail, and get some single track in that way. Loading the bike into my car at 4:15am is not fun.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
JonDud wrote:

Sick bike and view! Is this Brown's Ranch? I went bikepacking through there earlier this year and those trails seemed like the perfect spot for a single speed hardtail ride.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
scmalex wrote:
Sick bike and view! Is this Brown's Ranch? I went bikepacking through there earlier this year and those trails seemed like the perfect spot for a single speed hardtail ride.

No, this photo is some state trust land west of the i17; it's more of a moto area than MTB - but I enjoy it.

Browns Ranch is INCREDIBLE riding for a hardtail SS. I can't stop laughing out loud when I get into a good flow out there.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
JonDud wrote:
scmalex wrote:

No, this photo is some state trust land west of the i17; it's more of a moto area than MTB - but I enjoy it.

Browns Ranch is INCREDIBLE riding for a hardtail SS. I can't stop laughing out loud when I get into a good flow out there.

I will definitely go back there next time I'm in the area. I was not expecting to find the most buttery flow trail on a grueling desert bikepacking route.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
Finally broke in the new ride. I sweat a lot and this is the first bike I've ever had that lets me ride for 3 hours without a backpack or hip bag. Had to make a couple custom adapters to shift the cages a bit to maximize the bottle sizes but it was worth the effort. Also the bike handles great of course. The fork is really impressing me, too. I had a 2021 34 Performance and it wasn't nearly as supple with a Luftkappe as this 2022 is stock.

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
My 2017 Cotic BFE. Live this bike. Currently getting back in the saddle following you know what

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
Made some upgrades!

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
New is the Dirt and after I broke no Tune Freehub, I put a 29“ Wheel in the back. So no even longer Mullett.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:
Made some upgrades!

N.O.

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 14:59 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Those cranks !

Ikr... I love em! Also, can say nothing but positive things about 5Dev's customer service thus far for anyone considering.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016628
Mobile Version of Website