Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 5:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yeah I’m sure they are great frames but with a 72’ sta? I’d shop around.

I have cancelled the Dartmoor and got a Big Al instead, the sta seems to be more decent !
I am going to carry over some parts from my stumpjumper which is getting a refresh after two years.
Pike ultimate 130mm, Nukeproof Horizon, SLX groupset and brakes ...

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yeah I’m sure they are great frames but with a 72’ sta? I’d shop around.

I have cancelled the Dartmoor and got a Big Al instead, the sta seems to be more decent !
I am going to carry over some parts from my stumpjumper which is getting a refresh after two years.
Pike ultimate 130mm, Nukeproof Horizon, SLX groupset and brakes ...

You’ll love it, modern ally frames are pretty damn good, lightness with good geo tup

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
Excellent choice. Really good geo there. Love my Bigwig to death

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 9:32 Quote

Realized I got the wrong size 3 months in Smile

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 15:45 Quote
Big Al!!! Nice choice man. I have had 2 big wigs and thats one great frame. I want a Big Al at some point.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
The build is done, very happy to be able to fit a 200mm dropper post in it !
I have to try it more extensively next week

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
Techy downs now a doddle ^^^

There’s nothing like dropping yer tackle off the rear! tup

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
Sweet Ragley! I was just trying to convince a buddy to get just that frame.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
Who here rides a smaller size on their hardtail?

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
I'm 6'2" and ride a Dartmoor Hornet with 450mm reach, it's a size large. I still don't understand all the fuss about the long reach trend.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 18:58 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
I'm 6'2" and ride a Dartmoor Hornet with 450mm reach, it's a size large. I still don't understand all the fuss about the long reach trend.

I have been riding my M/L root down almost exclusively for 5 months... it felt super long the first few rides but I adapted to it and it pretty much rocks... I should have my gen 2 Ti Switchback back on the trail soon which is conceders pretty short by todays standards so it will probably be a good comparison in longish versus shortish... I rode my 1st gen steel Switchback once since building up the Rootdown and did find myself enjoying the flickability but the Rootdown feels quite bit more stable all around.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 19:03 Quote
Would love to try a medium Rootdown , I think I can take advantage of bot the M/L and the M at my average size.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 22:36 Quote
I had a M/L Rootdown for a year, then tried a L.

Like both. M/L was definitely more playful but like Slaker I love the L planted DH stuff.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
I come from BMX so everything feels HUGE to me. When I first started mountain biking I bought a 26" bike and was legitimately curious if there was a 24" option for adults LOL.

I'm 6'1" (185cm) and ride a 460mm reach 650b - it feels a little big sometimes - but you adjust to your new bikes over time.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
Couple upgrades for the Titus.

175mm Eewings + WT chainring
31.6 One Up 240mm dropper (replaces shimmed 30.9)
We Are One Convert laced to i9 Hydra w/ steel Microspline driver (aka golden ticket)
Fresh TAG Metals pedals (large)

Retired components will be used for a steel HT single speed build

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015767
Mobile Version of Website