Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:46 Quote
Tasteful. Simple. My kind of machine.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:47 Quote
JonDud wrote:

- but you adjust to your new bikes over time.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 19:08 Quote
First hardtail - Chromag Stylus

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
tunnelvision wrote:
Couple upgrades for the Titus.
You mad.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
Long time lurker of this thread, and used it as inspiration to finally build up a sweet hardtailf or the local inner city riding and just as a good second bike to have with a bi 170mm 29er haha. Sold my old kona process and had a little piggy bank to finally finalize the build!

Opted to go with a stylus, as I wanted a bike that could be a great all rounder and can go to the DJ park from time to time too. not the fanciest build, but pretty stoked with how it all turned out.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
Nice! I wonder how many long time lurkers turned into hardtail owners. I was one!

Hands up if you lurked here first then built a hardtail.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
acdownhill wrote:
Long time lurker of this thread, and used it as inspiration to finally build up a sweet hardtailf or the local inner city riding and just as a good second bike to have with a bi 170mm 29er haha. Sold my old kona process and had a little piggy bank to finally finalize the build!

Opted to go with a stylus, as I wanted a bike that could be a great all rounder and can go to the DJ park from time to time too. not the fanciest build, but pretty stoked with how it all turned out.

Trouble free builds rock , loads of good bikes here tup

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
jph406 wrote:
Nice! I wonder how many long time lurkers turned into hardtail owners. I was one!

Yup! Bought a Rootdown. It’s my only ride and am darn happy about it.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:03 Quote
At 58 and riding bikes for for 5 decades I have been hardtail for life never owning a fully yet , "not saying it will never happen" but I still haven't started lurking in the fully threads. I know there a blast but HT still working out and I still have a lot of fun. Currently riding a Rootdown as well.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 15:34 Quote
I've owned both a fully and a hardtail; recently sold my Bronson frame because full suspension just isn't for me.

I like to mash the pedals and feel the bike lurch forward.

The increased tactile sensations of pumping, manuals, sliding the back end, etc.... You can't match it.

Also, single speeding has become pretty important for keeping me motivated to ride. Shifting, sitting, and spinning is not it.

No dropper, no gears, hard tail.... I should probably try full rigid.

I'm looking to revert back to cable-actuated disc brakes next! My old hydraulic XT brakes are for sale right now with the intention of picking up some BB7's after they sell LOL.

“retro” is a sensibility that has obvious appeal as a shelter from the relentless onslaught of the new.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
jph406 wrote:

Me! However, even before I found the hardtail fourms I wanted one. You guys definitely helped me commit. Now I am living life happily on a Chromag.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 18:25 Quote
So many good stories. I watched this thread and Sexiest Hardtail ... thanks Red! ... built up a Rootdown last summer. Sold my Hightower right after.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Started on a crappy medium alloy hardtail 10 years ago. Cost me 100$. Then got obsessed with mtbs in general. It wasn’t until I traded a 2010? Kona Steely for a surfboard that it really got out of control for me... fast forward and I must have had a dozen or more aggro hardtails... I ride both but HT 90% or more of the time. Currently loving the hell out of my 2023 Kona Unit. Rootdown will be built back up in the fall likely as I collect a few parts as I can afford it.

Active Forum Threads
7 mins ago - Psychic love spells (929) 335 6292 Sun Valley, NV Voodoo spells of love by Asaf
9 mins ago - Psychic love spells (929) 335 6292 Winchester, NV Voodoo spells of love by Asaf
16 mins ago - Love spells Pahrump (929) 335 6292 Voodoo spells of love by Asaf
26 mins ago - Where'd you ride today?
39 mins ago - Canyon spectral 900 watt. Smaller battery compatible
56 mins ago - Yeti SB115, Santa Cruz Blur, or NEITHER?!
1 hours ago - Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
1 hours ago - Powerful Love Spells (929) 335 6292 Whitney, NV by Psychic Asaf
1 hours ago - Marriage Love Spells (929) 335 6292 Sparks, NV by Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - can you use a brakeless bmx hub on a dirt jump bike?
2 hours ago - Canyon Sender Forum
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in Enterprise, NV
2 hours ago - 21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
2 hours ago - [Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
2 hours ago - commencal clash
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in North Las Vegas, NV
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in Las Vegas, NV
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in Henderson, NV
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in Reno, NV
3 hours ago - Psychic Reading (929) 335 6292 Voodoo love spells in Carson City, NV
3 hours ago - Rear tire for max traction on large rocks and roots?
3 hours ago - 2021 Scott Genius rear shock options
3 hours ago - Elite/expert racers of pinkbike...what is your mindset when racing. How fast are you going?
3 hours ago - Lyrik with Smashpot issue
3 hours ago - Voodoo Love Spells in Atlanta, GA (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011439
Mobile Version of Website