Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
Aggressor 2.5 for me...although I have popped a few but rare considering the amount of rides in-between pinches... I have been using the double down ones but since I have installed cushcore the exo plus seems to be putting up with abuse with pretty low psi. Haven't seen them available in 2.6 and 2.5 is probably not a high volume tire...

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
And yes I haven't found anything in a 2.6 with a durable casing that i'd run may try a 2.6 assguy up front because mu buddy just got a grip of them...

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
I’m also having really good luck with an EXO+ 2.5 Aggressor. It is, however, on a 35mm internal rim so it really does measure out to 2.5”.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 18:10 Quote
2.5 aggressor DD here on a 35mm rim. Awesome rolling speed and decent grip.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
Aggressor with DD casing for me. Used to run Cushcore but was dissuaded from doing so in lieu of DD from literally everyone at Transition.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:43 Quote
I’m on a EXO dissector right now with a tannus installed. I noticed the reduction in weight right away dropping off the DD casing rear. This will be my first go with a EXO casing in about 2yrs so we shall see….

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 23:11 Quote
What about a tuff casing trail boss 2.6?

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 0:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

This..

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
After trying everything from EXO, DD, tough casing (WTB) and few other options... I ended with DH Casing 2C DHF. Sadly they do not offer them anymore, but I had to pull de DH Casing trigger for not ruining every single ride

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
melanthius wrote:
I’m also having really good luck with an EXO+ 2.5 Aggressor. It is, however, on a 35mm internal rim so it really does measure out to 2.5”.
strangely enough I have a 27.5" DD aggressor on my fully and that measures close to 2.5", however the 29" one on my hardtail is much smaller width. Both on I30 rims.

sterlingmagnum wrote:
I had thought about those, my main hang up is that WTB doesn't seem to make a good matching 2.6" front and I couldn't possibly mismatch tire brands lol They make a vigilante in 2.6", but don't seem to be in stock anywhere, and even then it is only offered in tough casing which seems like it would be overkill up front (i never have issues with flatting front). Their other meaty tires top out at 2.5" and my OCD will not allow me to run a larger tire in back than up front.

Has anyone tried the newer Schwalbes? I know the older casings were kinda harsh, but maybe since they've updated them a few times it might be better?

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
melanthius wrote:
strangely enough I have a 27.5" DD aggressor on my fully and that measures close to 2.5", however the 29" one on my hardtail is much smaller width. Both on I30 rims.

sterlingmagnum wrote:
I had thought about those, my main hang up is that WTB doesn't seem to make a good matching 2.6" front and I couldn't possibly mismatch tire brands lol They make a vigilante in 2.6", but don't seem to be in stock anywhere, and even then it is only offered in tough casing which seems like it would be overkill up front (i never have issues with flatting front). Their other meaty tires top out at 2.5" and my OCD will not allow me to run a larger tire in back than up front.

Has anyone tried the newer Schwalbes? I know the older casings were kinda harsh, but maybe since they've updated them a few times it might be better?

Ha! Well if its any consolation... you will not be stricken down by private parts exploding lightening bolts as the sexy thread might lead you to believe.... sometimes you juss gotta mismatch!!! Especially in these times of supply chain crisis.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
melanthius wrote:

sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yes, a friend of mine has Magic Mary / Big Betty super gravity ADDIX Soft on his enduro bike and he's very happy with them. 2 weeks ago I installed the same combo on my hardtail, but in 2.4 ", unfortunately I didn't use them enough to have an opinion...

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
What have been your rear tires of choice?

For beefiness I'm a fan of the Michelin Wild Enduro Rear. 2.4" width with lots of tread and a sturdy casing. More sturdy than WTB Tough. Have not tried Maxxis DD or EXO+, as they seemed too expensive.

Most bombproof setup was when I put a road bike tubular tyre inside the rear tyre. Only works fo 27.5, though and you need to pit another hole in the rim for the second valve. That's Schwalbe Procore for cheapskates, but without the loss in spoke tension.
That combined with a regular Maxxis Exo casing Minion felt bottomless. But it adds 300g at least on top of a 900g+ tyre.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 12:09 Quote
I'm running an 2.6 ebike casing rear tire (Nevegal 2 EMC) and due to the type of trails here I dont have to worry about inserts.

Why ebike tire - harder compound and stiffer side walls.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 20:36 Quote
Ooooof it is official... I cannot ride Hardtails as aggressively as before the leg break... Let it go full speed today on some chunky droppy trails and it was shocking to the leg. Hopefully that subsides at some point.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013995
Mobile Version of Website