Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:
Can anyone here convert hardtail geo from sagged to un-sagged, or provide an explanation? Losing my mind Confused

This calculator does it the best, as far as I've found. To convert you just add or remove axle-to-crown length.

In general, for a 130mm fork going from unsagged to sagged steepens the head and seat angles by about 1.5 degrees, increases reach by about 18mm, lowers stack by about 15mm, and lowers the bottom bracket by about 13mm. You're just rotating the frame clockwise (when viewed from the driveside) a little bit.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
JonDud wrote:
trioofchaos wrote:
Can anyone here convert hardtail geo from sagged to un-sagged, or provide an explanation? Losing my mind Confused

the fact some companies list "sagged" stats is annoying to me.

This.
One of the most baffling things to me.
Do both to be thorough, but Static is a lot easier to deal with than sagged, if they're only going to publish one chart, it should be static.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 10:50 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Ooops !

Ooops

oh snap...! makin' mistakes like a boss Salute

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
I am finally back at the garda lake (northern italy) for some family vacation and luckily i could bring my bike for some quality alpine trail riding. these pictures were made on a quick evening round though, as the daily temperature is around 36-37°C. It should cool down to 32°C the next week - thats as cool as it gets for the rest of my time down here - so i am probably going for some shuttle trips or at least a little shuttle suppoert to spare myself a nice heatstroke. I love me a good old climb, especially in unknown territory because it gives me the sensation of exploring, which is one of the reasons why i started to ride mountain bikes and why i like hardtails. Anyway i am sure i will be going to provide you with a couple of dustier (more dusty?) pictures of my ride and more impressing landscape. If everything goes as planned i will going to challenge myself with a 2000 m descent.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
I hope you don’t mind but I thought that scenery was too good to not try to make the photos pop a bit more.
https://i.imgur.com/HatcxWq.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/AIErqPm.jpeg

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
Ar4S wrote:
I am finally back at the garda lake (northern italy) for some family vacation and luckily i could bring my bike for some quality alpine trail riding. these pictures were made on a quick evening round though, as the daily temperature is around 36-37°C. It should cool down to 32°C the next week - thats as cool as it gets for the rest of my time down here - so i am probably going for some shuttle trips or at least a little shuttle suppoert to spare myself a nice heatstroke. I love me a good old climb, especially in unknown territory because it gives me the sensation of exploring, which is one of the reasons why i started to ride mountain bikes and why i like hardtails. Anyway i am sure i will be going to provide you with a couple of dustier (more dusty?) pictures of my ride and more impressing landscape. If everything goes as planned i will going to challenge myself with a 2000 m descent.

photo

photo

photo

That lake is beautiful and Marino is bad ass It has been hot where I live at 7000 ' / 2133 meters but 20 minutes away is alpine at 10,000 ' / 3000 + meters and its usually 21 celsius which is very refreshing...

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 11:47 Quote
Any estimates on a marino frame weight, reach 450 chain stays 420. Reynolds 520 ? I’m not worried about having the lightest bike around but I’d prefer it to be under 7 pounds.

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 13:01 Quote
YRneroh wrote:
I hope you don’t mind but I thought that scenery was too good to not try to make the photos pop a bit more.
https://i.imgur.com/HatcxWq.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/AIErqPm.jpeg

absolutely not! Thank you!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:
Any estimates on a marino frame weight, reach 450 chain stays 420. Reynolds 520 ? I’m not worried about having the lightest bike around but I’d prefer it to be under 7 pounds.

mine got similar numbers, 100% 4130 chromoly, 2,9 kg, which is about 6,4 pounds i think.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 2:59 Quote
photo

photo

photo

middle italy campsite hometrail patrol lap.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:

Mine is 4130, 465mm reach, 415mm chainstays with a klunker style tube thru main triangle (also including headset cups installed), it weighs 7.2lbs. So I think you would probably be a bit under 7 lbs.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:

Have you checked out the new GG Pedalhead ? Not super slack but semi aggressive with sliding dropout option.full external cable routing as well. I think it is under 6 lbs as well.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Nicksand5 wrote:

Have you checked out the new GG Pedalhead ? Not super slack but semi aggressive with sliding dropout option.full external cable routing as well. I think it is under 6 lbs as well.

photo

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
photo

photo

photo

middle italy campsite hometrail patrol lap.

Nice ! What brand is that frame bag ? looking for something around that size .

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:

My 29r has sliding dropouts and is 7.5lbs. 490 reach, 450+ chainstay length, and reynolds 725. If you don't have sliders I estimate you'll probably be right around 7lbs, maybe less if you spring for 725 tubing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031435
Mobile Version of Website