Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 3:39 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

yep. can anyone tell what hubs these are?

Here ya go..
https://www.kuwahara-bike.com/diavolo-hub-series-int
trhanks! rather heavy unfortunately, and hard to get by in the old world. i really hope NS bring their rotary hubs in bronze for 2023, they already have them on their complete builds.

Always welcome

Expect I could source them dude, I’ll ask around. It’s surprising what can happen if people only ask

Don’t hold ya breath though!!

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
Loco Moto project, size large. About 13.7kg (sorry for metricsSmile ) with a rather heavy coil Helm up front.
A bit of a back-to-school with the wacky geo, although my daily driver is not really conservative (a longer Pipedream Moxie). Probably the longest it ever took me to get comfortable with a new bike. At about 7 rides in something clicked though, and I have to say there is something weirdly good about the strange, loooong back end and slack front. Oddly enough I don't find it rides especially tall; on the contrary it is quite refreshing to pedal again without fear of getting clotheslined all the time. Corners ok, although not really close to the on-the-rails feel of the mullet Moxie. It feels like a boat in the parking lot and at low speed, but alive and composed when plummeting. Have not really hit its speed limit yet really and probably never will..
No issues with the service or the product to date, although price was ridiculously low for ti frame as everyone points out.

Titus Loco Moto large

Titus Loco Moto large

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
Unkas wrote:
Loco Moto project, size large. About 13.7kg (sorry for metricsSmile ) with a rather heavy coil Helm up front.
A bit of a back-to-school with the wacky geo, although my daily driver is not really conservative (a longer Pipedream Moxie). Probably the longest it ever took me to get comfortable with a new bike. At about 7 rides in something clicked though, and I have to say there is something weirdly good about the strange, loooong back end and slack front. Oddly enough I don't find it rides especially tall; on the contrary it is quite refreshing to pedal again without fear of getting clotheslined all the time. Corners ok, although not really close to the on-the-rails feel of the mullet Moxie. It feels like a boat in the parking lot and at low speed, but alive and composed when plummeting. Have not really hit its speed limit yet really and probably never will..
No issues with the service or the product to date, although price was ridiculously low for ti frame as everyone points out.

Titus Loco Moto large

Titus Loco Moto large

wow that looks loooong (that's what she said jokes incoming). Rad

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 15:34 Quote
Its hard to go back to short once you've had a long one but short ones can be a bit more playful.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 16:11 Quote
[Quote="freestyIAM"]
Unkas wrote:

wow that looks loooong (that's what she said jokes incoming). Rad

XD (I can almost feel my wife slapping me on the back of the head)

It's very similar reach to longer Moxie, around 510 I think.
The back feels way different though, less willing to be thrown around, but super stabilizing at speed.
I think that is also why climbing feels amazing, on my first ride up a fireroad it almost felt like someone was pushing from behind.
Part of why I love hardtails is also because you get to try and play with different geometries since you can actually afford to buy and build them more often than you would full suspension bikes (especially once you accumulate some old parts).

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 22:35 Quote
Ar4S wrote:
I wanted to buy that frame too but didnt find any here in germany. just about 350€ or so, but with a much nicer Geo than a Dartmoor for example. Looks great!

Thanks! It's great value for sure, they are a bit crudely put together and I won't pretend there's any magical 'ride quality' in them -- good geometry is free though! I paid just under $400cdn shipped from our Canadian distributor. The geometry works well for my preferences, not too dissimilar from the Ragley Big Al which I had pre-ordered but ultimately never arrived.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
I was a bit bored of the tan walls so last night I opened a beer and started on them with a permanent marker.
Does the job from a distance. Not exactly the same tone as the rubber but I kinda like the effect. A bit like the Vittorias graphene, but cheap.
I liberated the marker from the office, so this "upgrade" cost nada.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
Didn’t fancy colouring in the seatpost too? Wink

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Didn’t fancy colouring in the seatpost too? Wink
Hahaha...I'm actually trying to do the opposite!
I tried to remove the black anodizing and sand it down, but I made a mess.
I'm taking it to a guy who knows what he's doing next week, for proper deanodizing, polishing and to apply some cerakote for protection.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 17:21 Quote
This thing punched well about it’s weight today. 110 travel down almost 3K DH steep trail. Love this damn thing.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 17:25 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
This thing punched well about it’s weight today. 110 travel down almost 3K DH steep trail. Love this damn thing.

110mm lyrik? didn't know that was possible

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
It is if its really a Yari....and you’re a fool who pulled out the airshaft....taps it an inch deeper and cuts off an inch of 140 shaft.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 18:15 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
I was a bit bored of the tan walls so last night I opened a beer and started on them with a permanent marker.
Does the job from a distance. Not exactly the same tone as the rubber but I kinda like the effect. A bit like the Vittorias graphene, but cheap.
I liberated the marker from the office, so this "upgrade" cost nada.
Looks great with black rubber as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014844
Mobile Version of Website