Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Excellent bike, Mr. Slaker!
Neat that is does not have cable routing the under the DT. I think I remember this being a thing with Chromags in the past.


Thanks ! It should be fun... Ive just thrown it together, hope to have everything set and adjusted by the weekend for first ride , hopefully an epic one depending on weather...Rode 19 out of the last 20 days so not jonesing to much...I do appreciate the internal routing for dropper although as much as I dislike it esthetically external on downtube after owning and riding my last two steel Chromags I didn't notice as an issue...I lift from down tube on short portages and carries but lift from top tube as well depending on situation...Full internal like on my ti Stanton is nice for all that but is a pita when it comets to overhaul.. Think I prefer the full external under tot tube including dropper like on my MK1 Switchback the most...nothing like re-cabeling and setting up your dropper in under 5 minutes..

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 23:59 Quote
nice looking rig, slacker. it's hard to make a ti hardtail not look like all the other ti hardtails, but you make it look easy.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
nice looking rig, slacker. it's hard to make a ti hardtail not look like all the other ti hardtails, but you make it look easy.
Thanks man, It was originally just going to be a straight swap over of parts off old rootdown but as I was in the process I went out on a limb and bought some new drive train parts and a fork...It worked out pretty well looks wise...Frame costs as much as a high end carbon fully frame but will out live one by far, Money spent was originally for some remodeling I am doing on my house but this should be more fun for now.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 23:54 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Hardtail Army issue FS destroyer Rootdown almost ready for duty..... .... wheels, cranks , brakes ,pedals and cockpit swapped over form my steel rootdown , ,,,,new goodies include,
Wheels MFG angular bearing bb ,



Gorgeous Drool
Usually, I'm not very fond of camo/military colors bikes, but it works so well on yours. The camo green lyrik/raw titanium frame combo is just perfect Big Grin

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Hardtail Army issue FS destroyer Rootdown almost ready for duty..... .... wheels, cranks , brakes ,pedals and cockpit swapped over form my steel rootdown , ,,,,new goodies include,
Wheels MFG angular bearing bb ,



Gorgeous Drool
Usually, I'm not very fond of camo/military colors bikes, but it works so well on yours. The camo green lyrik/raw titanium frame combo is just perfect Big Grin


I am not a militant person but have always loved those colors and woodland camo.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Hardtail Army issue FS destroyer Rootdown almost ready for duty..... .... wheels, cranks , brakes ,pedals and cockpit swapped over form my steel rootdown , ,,,,new goodies include,
Wheels MFG angular bearing bb ,



Gorgeous Drool
Usually, I'm not very fond of camo/military colors bikes, but it works so well on yours. The camo green lyrik/raw titanium frame combo is just perfect Big Grin


I am not a militant person but have always loved those colors and woodland camo.

I’ll 2nd that

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
That chromag is clean. Looks really nice. Never seen that fork colour before - nice.

Here is my custom Mullet. Really liking it so far.



Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 20:57 Quote
rahrider wrote:
That chromag is clean. Looks really nice. Never seen that fork colour before - nice.

Here is my custom Mullet. Really liking it so far.



Is that fork made by marino as well ? Looks killer !

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
rahrider wrote:
That chromag is clean. Looks really nice. Never seen that fork colour before - nice.

Here is my custom Mullet. Really liking it so far.



Is that fork made by marino as well ? Looks killer !

fork and frame by marino. Reynolds 725. Custom engraving in the headtube and chainstay. custom geo, sliding dropouts. They did an awesome job - especially given the price you pay.

The gratuitous action shot is to prove that a fully rigid bike belongs in the hardcore group.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 21:58 Quote
what's the geo on that thing? Looks sick, especially the segmented fork

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 23:30 Quote
Rad bike!
What's the offset on that fork? Looks huge.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 23:44 Quote
Looks killer! How heavy is the fork? I was thinking about ordering one too. Its about 220$ totall, including Shipping, which seems a like a great price to me, especially considering that Marino is delivering a at least solid quality.

Also great to see you riding such trails. I was already wondering if i am gonna have to "leave" this "exclusive" group when switching to a rigid fork Wink

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
frame is nuts, i love it.

thus said, i'm not into the fork at all. i like the bent or bmx style forks better, straight forks always look kinda wrong. like it was hucked to flat.

but i'm into the paint job. big time.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 3:52 Quote
while we are at it... not mine, but i know the owner.



 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013328
Mobile Version of Website