Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 4:08 Quote
Thanks again for all the props.

Geo is as follows. They didn't have a mullet option on the website back then so I designed it around a 27.5 geo and made the fork 40mm shorter to account for the 40mm taller wheel. I like short chainstays so set them as short as I could fit with a straight seat tube and put in sliding dropouts so it could extend 20mm. I can go from 420-440.

Fork has a tapered steerer(which probably adds 1/2 lb) and weighs 1528g. It has a 51mm offset but like nullzwo says it looks weird when you do the offset this way. I don't mind it though.

The frame weighs 3127g and is equivalent to about a L/XL size. I did pay extra for the 725 tubing. Not sure it actually saves any weight though.

The ride quality is good. It's definitely on the stiff side. I ride with cushcore pro and run 15 psi in a 2.5 up front and 16 in a 2.4 out back. The front tire is an exo. The rear is closer to a DD casing. Low pressures definitely help.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:48 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:

Gorgeous Drool
Usually, I'm not very fond of camo/military colors bikes, but it works so well on yours. The camo green lyrik/raw titanium frame combo is just perfect Big Grin

I am not a militant person but have always loved those colors and woodland camo.

I’ll 2nd that[/Quote]

I'll 3rd that

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
rahrider wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
rahrider wrote:
That chromag is clean. Looks really nice. Never seen that fork colour before - nice.

Here is my custom Mullet. Really liking it so far.

Is that fork made by marino as well ? Looks killer !

fork and frame by marino. Reynolds 725. Custom engraving in the headtube and chainstay. custom geo, sliding dropouts. They did an awesome job - especially given the price you pay.

The gratuitous action shot is to prove that a fully rigid bike belongs in the hardcore group.

nice rahrider..!! tup

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
while we are at it... not mine, but i know the owner.

That Looks great! Do you know where he bought the fork or which fork it is?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
it's a singlebe fork he bought second hand.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

Sharing the rigid love Wink
Gets swapped back n forth on my Waltworks.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
Sweet ! That Watworks is amazing , Also love that shade of blue on the moxie....Haven't ridden a full ridged set up on progressive geo but rode plenty full ridged on a 69er Surly 1x1,some years ago, I remember becoming very proficient at it as I rode full rigid ss exclusively for a long stretch..

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

Oh, boy! Drool Drool

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 15:38 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

Oh, boy! Drool Drool

Second that.

What's the offset on your rigid? Gotta say, the Waltworks bikes are such works of art

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
I know plastic bikes don't get a lot of love here but I got a screaming deal on this ARC and couldn't pass up riding it for a season. 25.8lbs

Also, please roast me on the seat stash so I am shamed enough to remove it.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
jph406 wrote:
I know plastic bikes don't get a lot of love here but I got a screaming deal on this ARC and couldn't pass up riding it for a season. 25.8lbs

Also, please roast me on the seat stash so I am shamed enough to remove it.

Idk what you're talking about. I love me a Yeti Arc. Plus look at all these rigid builds. Aggressive has many forms.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
Looks ok to me ASIDEFROMTHATHEINOUSASSBAG!!!!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
I imagine its super flickable and plenty capable.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 15:48 Quote
rahrider wrote:
Second that.

What's the offset on your rigid? Gotta say, the Waltworks bikes are such works of art

It's a 37mm offset (27.5" wheels)
Surprisingly stable.
The rigid HTA is somewhere around 64.5d

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
rahrider wrote:
Second that.

It's a 37mm offset (27.5" wheels)
Surprisingly stable.
The rigid HTA is somewhere around 64.5d

Any idea what your fork and frame each weigh? Is it a tapers or straight steerer? Ever try it as a mullet?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015595
Mobile Version of Website