Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
Slaker did you get some riding time in on the Ti Rootdown? If yes, what's your feeling compared to your steel bikes?
Only two rides into the current Vendetta X3 but I find it much more stiff and a little more precise than my other steel HT. Kinda miss the compliance a bit. Pro and con.
For reference.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
Slaker did you get some riding time in on the Ti Rootdown? If yes, what's your feeling compared to your steel bikes?
Only two rides into the current Vendetta X3 but I find it much more stiff and a little more precise than my other steel HT. Kinda miss the compliance a bit. Pro and con.
For reference.

Oh gosh, I have been so close to getting a Kingdom ht in the recent past, I love the looks the Kingdoms over the Chromags, that looks great ! I have not rode my Ti rootdown yet, sent fork back to sram cause it had suck down issues out of the box so waiting to get it back... Ive ridden my Ti Switchback now for like 5 or 6 years alongside my steel bikes and just notice it being a bit more snappy, I look forward to seeing what the ti rootdown rides like when I get it on the trail.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
Alright, bummer with the forks. Sorry, missed out on the Switchback when tiping the question. Thanks, looking forward for your thoughts on the Mag!

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
Alright, bummer with the forks. Sorry, missed out on the Switchback when tiping the question. Thanks, looking forward for your thoughts on the Mag!

I would say in general steel will always be the most compliant material for a hardtail frame, I have never ridden a carbon hardtail though .

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
Damn close. Plans changed. Turns out the 160 Yari I picked up had a shafty air shaft. Luckily I had a brand new 130 butter cupper to toss in. And after cleaning all the muck off of it I discovered it is actually a lyrik. Since it got dropped down figured put gears on it and see how she goes. Still need a damn matchmaker clamp for the shifter and a front brake line clip for the fork... whaddyahgunnado
A quick driveway dickarlund makes me think this will be fun

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
Nice!
Do you think you‘ll notice a difference between a buttered shaft and a non-buttered shaft?

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Nice!
Do you think you‘ll notice a difference between a buttered shaft and a non-buttered shaft?

Only if its presented unexpectedly

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 23:24 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Damn close. Plans changed. Turns out the 160 Yari I picked up had a shafty air shaft. Luckily I had a brand new 130 butter cupper to toss in. And after cleaning all the muck off of it I discovered it is actually a lyrik. Since it got dropped down figured put gears on it and see how she goes. Still need a damn matchmaker clamp for the shifter and a front brake line clip for the fork... whaddyahgunnado
A quick driveway dickarlund makes me think this will be fun

looks perfect as it is! thats ma style of sexy!

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 1:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
Nice!

Morning lols here

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 1:57 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
Nice!

Morning lols here

You should be grieving tho

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 2:08 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Morning lols here

You should be grieving tho

I’m more worried about stamps

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 4:47 Quote
First the Queen dies, then I read that King Charles is ill. Ah, my mistake, he's the third.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
commental wrote:
First the Queen dies, then I read that King Charles is ill. Ah, my mistake, he's the third.

lol

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
my custom Marin San Quentin 3 L 2022

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
commental wrote:

Meanwhile, some Russian guy to God: "How is it possible, Gorbachev, The Queen, how @*^!@%# can you miss like this?!?!?!?!"

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017051
Mobile Version of Website