Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
commental wrote:
What breed is the Scottish dog? Highland Terrier or Jock Russell?
It's a fat bastard Labrador.

Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
commental wrote:
What breed is the Scottish dog? Highland Terrier or Jock Russell?
It's a fat bastard Labrador.

Did it eat a babeh?

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
A dingo ate ma babeh!

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
It's funny how 15 years ago the Stiffee was a great bike, but now everything has to be compliant. Back then all the shore hardtails were built like that and then the pussies took over.

I still ride my 15-year-old Stiffee on the shore many times a week, it still seems to work great to me after all the whole point of riding is to smile more.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 5:02 Quote
Changed some parts on my Shan. Not yet sure what to do with all those gears, but it certainly works pretty well.
Lost patience half way through throwing on the new drivetrain, so cable routing is a bit messy, unfortunately. Will have to fix that.

Can anybody confirm the Torx bit size for the clutch preload bolt on 11s Sram derailleurs? Is it a T50?

p.s. Any tips for removing rubber mastic tape?

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Changed some parts on my Shan. Not yet sure what to do with all those gears, but it certainly works pretty well.
Lost patience half way through throwing on the new drivetrain, so cable routing is a bit messy, unfortunately. Will have to fix that.

Can anybody confirm the Torx bit size for the clutch preload bolt on 11s Sram derailleurs? Is it a T50?

Maybe a hairdryer on hot? Those frames look so good. I always wanted one just seem to fall funny in their sizing for me . How do u like the pedals?

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 7:28 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:
Maybe a hairdryer on hot? Those frames look so good. I always wanted one just seem to fall funny in their sizing for me . How do u like the pedals?

The only gripe for me is the seat tube length. But there is a cure for that Wink

Pedals are excellent. Most grippy I ever tried. They wear out shoes pretty quickly, though.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

3M adhesive remover is awesome for most adhesives.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Nicksand5 wrote:

The only gripe for me is the seat tube length. But there is a cure for that Wink

Pedals are excellent. Most grippy I ever tried. They wear out shoes pretty quickly, though.

Good luck with running a Rekon on the rear in autumn.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
[Quote="pyromaniac"]Changed some parts on my Shan. Not yet sure what to do with all those gears, but it certainly works pretty well.

Can anybody confirm the Torx bit size for the clutch preload bolt on 11s Sram derailleurs? Is it a If you're willing to risk your derailleur:

Using a seal pick, pull out the plastic plug in the middle of the clutch cap, there's a T55 Torx drive under there.

DO NOT TURN IT YET.

Locate the little metal pin on the left side of the clutch housing
Using a file or dremel, carefully shave away some plastic around the pin
Once you have a bit of the pin exposed, cut a notch in the pin so that you can grab it with pliers or drive it out with a small chisel. You may need to turn the T55 cap slightly, less than a millimeter, to loosen up the pin hole.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 21:22 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Can anybody confirm the Torx bit size for the clutch preload bolt on 11s Sram derailleurs?

If you're willing to risk your derailleur:

Using a seal pick, pull out the plastic plug in the middle of the clutch cap, there's a T55 Torx drive under there.

DO NOT TURN IT YET.

Locate the little metal pin on the left side of the clutch housing
Using a file or dremel, carefully shave away some plastic around the pin
Once you have a bit of the pin exposed, cut a notch in the pin so that you can grab it with pliers or drive it out with a small chisel. You may need to turn the T55 cap slightly, less than a millimeter, to loosen up the pin hole.

Salute
I've done this a number of times, but always been able to use an 8mm allen key instead of the big torx bit. This time it did not work...

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 4:06 Quote
Cool. I never have just cut and pasted someone else’s description

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 4:11 Quote

Belongs here

Evolve bikes Copilot prototype

Yes, it looks like a Chromag, like the Knolly Tyaughton also

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 18:56 Quote
Goofy short edit I made with some fun Ti Rootdown action
and slo motion 180 Zeb on ht

Views: 98    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 18:17 Quote

2021 Jamis Dragon

*loves chunk

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019690
Mobile Version of Website