Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 5:35 Quote
Shazbot....had I the funding I would snap up a switch9’r frame for the collection....

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
New cranks and chainring ready to be posted.
Just in time to "enjoy" my current flu.....

A guy I know made some Ti cranks. He milled them from 6/4 Ti. Super heavy duty, supposedly. I had the chance to order a pre-production one in April, but didn't. Roughly 1.000€ per set...

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Oh man....I've never been a huge fan of Stanton, but fair-dos to them.
Sad sad news

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Shazbot....had I the funding I would snap up a switch9’r frame for the collection....

You know it.

best UK hardtail to date for me

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
Aye thats sad news....

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
5$ they got in trouble when they started making fullies

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
and there goes my dream of a custom geo switch9er Frown i really hope things aren't too bad for stanton bikes, and dan himself. stantons were the OG hardcore hardtails in my younger years, and their full-sus platform is absolutely unique.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
It's a shame, I have a lot of fond memories of my v1 slackline 853. I am sure they would have sold a lot more if they kept their geo more current. My Slackline was cutting edge when I had it.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
New cranks and chainring ready to be posted.
Just in time to "enjoy" my current flu.....

A guy I know made some Ti cranks. He milled them from 6/4 Ti. Super heavy duty, supposedly. I had the chance to order a pre-production one in April, but didn't. Roughly 1.000€ per set...

Bargain compared to the RRP of those.

£1500 (€1720)

Then £360 (€412) for the chainring.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
Hi all. I think I'm in the middle of a minefield with thousands of 'standards' and the internet is not of much help, so here I am asking for advice in this thread:
What is the 44/56 headset with the lowest stack available? Currently using a CK Inset2 with a really low stack, but just wondering if there's any other one with a few milimeters less stack than that.
Cheers!!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Hi all. I think I'm in the middle of a minefield with thousands of 'standards' and the internet is not of much help, so here I am asking for advice in this thread:
What is the 44/56 headset with the lowest stack available? Currently using a CK Inset2 with a really low stack, but just wondering if there's any other one with a few milimeters less stack than that.
Cheers!!!

Cane creek slamset…

Other then that, I keep seeing a pink one on a kingdom bike add, but I don’t know what that is

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
Yep slamsets are the shit. I have had them in four or five of my last builds.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
Still enjoying my gen 1 and gen 2 Stantons , I haven't looked at the article closely but hope theres a chance they can turn it around. Rode my Ti Stanton today , finished in the dark in 25 degree Fahrenheit weather... so hard to control a bike when your freezing... Burr!

Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 3:50 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Brexit probably has something to do with that, among other things? A setback of the hardtail culture?... What a shame...
in Poland we had tons of Stantons due to "presence" of my countrymen in UK after we joined European union. Since brexit there is a huge problem with buying stuf from uk, frames especially - if rame was produced in asia but sold from UK we had to pay extra duty. The VAT rules are also vague - I was to buy Morf or Stanton this year, price seemed ok but when I calculated the duty costs I was off the deal

Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
makaron wrote:
in Poland we had tons of Stantons due to "presence" of my countrymen in UK after we joined European union. Since brexit there is a huge problem with buying stuf from uk, frames especially - if rame was produced in asia but sold from UK we had to pay extra duty. The VAT rules are also vague - I was to buy Morf or Stanton this year, price seemed ok but when I calculated the duty costs I was off the deal
I had a similar problem when importing my Canfield Nimble 9 into the UK. The frame price was good value, but when it arrived in the country the duty cost was double what I expected, so I really ended up not saving anything on the Black Friday deal I went for in the first place. I’d probably have been better off buying a Stanton or Pipedream frame instead.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014790
Mobile Version of Website