Looks like a great place for SS

Yeah, flat as f*ck!

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 1:21 Quote
[Quote="mudcycles"]
Slackerdude wrote:
prancisfena wrote:

Looks like a great place for SS

Yeah, flat as f*ck!

Hahaha yerp. But the singletrack is flowy so it's fun.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 2:24 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Khreat wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/23820585/
Just put together after 10years of the frame and me being laid up but i need something to get me out and active again. Going to ride it and see what needs renewing/upgrading as I go.

Hell yeah !

Thanks dude. I need to get back into the forum ways too.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
Khreat wrote:
Just put together after 10years of the frame and me being laid up but i need something to get me out and active again. Going to ride it and see what needs renewing/upgrading as I go.

THIS is the way. Seeing old bikes on the trail is the GOAT.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
JonDud wrote:
Khreat wrote:

THIS is the way. Seeing old bikes on the trail is the GOAT.

People get so stoked when I am out on my Cove Stiffee, it is part of the reason I ride it. Haha

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Anyone got a line on a Large Big Al?

Been wanting to give one a build-up for a while. Looking like frame-only options are limited to XL’s.

For sizing, I just bought mine and posted a few pages back. I am 5'11" and have a 32" inseam and the large Big Al is perfect with a 180mm dropper fully inserted. I did set up the bike with a 40mm stem which has been great, I am going to try the same stem in a 50mm length to be sure of the sizing. Oh, and 170mm cranks are perfect as well.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 18:23 Quote
airtym wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Been wanting to give one a build-up for a while. Looking like frame-only options are limited to XL’s.

For sizing, I just bought mine and posted a few pages back. I am 5'11" and have a 32" inseam and the large Big Al is perfect with a 180mm dropper fully inserted. I did set up the bike with a 40mm stem which has been great, I am going to try the same stem in a 50mm length to be sure of the sizing. Oh, and 170mm cranks are perfect as well.

Yeah I am definitely wanting size Large Im right in that range. Saw yours been on my mind a while but Hardtail Parties review alleviated any concerns of harshness I had.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 19:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
airtym wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah I am definitely wanting size Large Im right in that range. Saw yours been on my mind for a while but the Hardtail Parties review alleviated any concerns of harshness I had.

Yup, was following Hardtail Party too before I bought. Had a new Nukeproof Scoot and the Big All in my cart. Watched all the reviews and used a bit of judgment. I have never had a modern hardtail before. I am a long-time modern Enduro bike lover. And I am blown away by the Big Al. It has put the biggest smile on my face and brought a ton of joy back to riding. I love the modern hardtail.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
airtym wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
airtym wrote:

Yeah I am definitely wanting size Large Im right in that range. Saw yours been on my mind for a while but the Hardtail Parties review alleviated any concerns of harshness I had.

Yup, was following Hardtail Party too before I bought. Had a new Nukeproof Scoot and the Big All in my cart. Watched all the reviews and used a bit of judgment. I have never had a modern hardtail before. I am a long-time modern Enduro bike lover. And I am blown away by the Big Al. It has put the biggest smile on my face and brought a ton of joy back to riding. I love the modern hardtail.

Awesome! So I have had several... many several in-fact but for the most part all steel. Definitely interested in an alloy build for a lighter one and to just get a feel for material differences. The older cheapo alloy frames I’ve had were a bit harsh riding but it sounds like the Al has a very forgiving nature. Shave a couple lbs with nice pick up and dampening? Sounds good to me

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
Always wanted to convert my RSD Middlechild to single speed, and finally did for the winter months! Made a little video on the process if anyone else is looking to do the same.

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
Ksquared13 wrote:
Always wanted to convert my RSD Middlechild to single speed, and finally did for the winter months! Made a little video on the process if anyone else is looking to do the same.

Running singlespeed is cool.
Running around telling people you're running it isn't, generally.

Wink

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
They should make a bumper sticker.

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Ksquared13 wrote:

Running singlespeed is cool.
Running around telling people you're running it isn't, generally.

Wink

Haha couldn’t agree more More so just wanted to make it a bit easier for anyone one else wanting to try making the switch!

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
Vegan crossfitter ss downduro racer here. Cool

Edit; I also have a tesla

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Vegan crossfitter ss downduro racer here. Cool

Edit; I also have a tesla

I identify as a sour grape

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016835
Mobile Version of Website