Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Couldn’t agree more on the Advent gear. I actually am preferring it to my sram stuff ag this point. I did grab a 9 speed set up but it came without a clutch. Which sucks a bit but to its credit I only dropped chain once on a 4,000’ DH descent this fall which is pretty damn good.

The ten speed with clutch is the one though. Solid

I wish there were more similar alternatives. I'd like a 9 or 10 speed with a 45T max sprocket and a shorter caged mech since my terrain eats derailleurs. I guess I should go for a gearbox bike next...

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 14:49 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Couldn’t agree more on the Advent gear. I actually am preferring it to my sram stuff ag this point. I did grab a 9 speed set up but it came without a clutch. Which sucks a bit but to its credit I only dropped chain once on a 4,000’ DH descent this fall which is pretty damn good.

Do the cassettes use an HG freehub? I’m on 11-speed shimano and would love to avoid a wholesale switch to microspline across the fleet.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
Yes adventX runs on hyperglide freehubs, 11-48 is a great spread IMO.

For the adventX'ers, I'm curious if a Shimano 10sp shifter will operate the adventX derailleur, and vice versa? I know the official tow line is no, but I run 10sp Shimano shifters with their 11sp RD's

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
ronufoh wrote:

For the adventX'ers, I'm curious if a Shimano 10sp shifter will operate the adventX derailleur, and vice versa? I know the official tow line is no, but I run 10sp Shimano shifters with their 11sp RD's

I can try it.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
ronufoh wrote:

I know the opposite works haha! I wore out my cassette and didn’t want to wait for the new AdventX cassette to get in so I picked up a 10 speed shimano cassette from my local shop and it’s been going strong for 6 months, no shifting issues.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 18:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I sadly haven’t had that experience; I’ve had to rebuild my clutch twice over the past year and it’s on its way out again. The paul system gets gunked up fast and starts to strip. The overhaul isn’t too bad, ($20, hour of work), but it’s a bummer it has to be done every few months

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
Ksquared13 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I sadly haven’t had that experience; I’ve had to rebuild my clutch twice over the past year and it’s on its way out again. The paul system gets gunked up fast and starts to strip. The overhaul isn’t too bad, ($20, hour of work), but it’s a bummer it has to be done every few months

Interesting. I will keep any eye on it. So far so good tho... knock on wood.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
so finally, some shaky pics of all the wrong parts (hello sterling) in my basement. we're getting there. rotors, seatpost, bars and stem will be swapped.

looking forward to finishing her in the middle of mud season. not sure if i can resist a test ride until spring...

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 4:40 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
so finally, some shaky pics of all the wrong parts (hello sterling) in my basement. we're getting there. rotors, seatpost, bars and stem will be swapped.

PI=23856476
PI=23856477

looking forward to finishing her in the middle of mud season. not sure if i can resist a test ride until spring...

I came.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
That looks awesome

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
This one, along with Tom Howard's Ra and Mark's Greymag, will set the bar very very high... the other thread was created exactly for this kind of bike... and you can build something better than this only after thinking a lot about the bike and what you want it to represent... well done null!...

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
Definitely a killer. Exactly what I like to see. Its got personality.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
It looks sick, just as it stands.
2 thumbs up....Beer Beer

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 6:13 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

That thing is going to be sick.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
Change of cranks. They look beefy and not too jazzy.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023218
Mobile Version of Website