Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
Appreciate the insights, this has knocked the idea out of my head to re-lace a wheel with Berd spokes over the winter. If it ain't broke why fix it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
finally.

made it down to 11,2 kgs (24,7 lbs) without one single carbon part.

damned dude...! you were NOT fukin' around on that build Eek Drool

Salute

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 22:07 Quote
That thing is HOT
One question tho.. Braided brake hose, do you feel any difference to the rubber/plastic stock ones?

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
So f*cking cool .... Have you ridden it yet ? Is the geo experimental ? your design?

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 22:50 Quote
@slacker i have not ridden it yet. usually i do not hesitate to ride in slop, but right now trail conditions are really bad plus i don't really find the time to ride. but i am really curious if my custom geo works as intended. small frame, short reach, high bb - this one is a crossover of a ssp xc bike and a dirtjump/fourcross bike (hence the name 4XCSS).

@adm it has mainly medium level parts, most of which i sourced from my old bike. i just painted and polished a lot. new parts are mainly the small ones, headset, chainring and such.

@fred these are not braided steel hoses, only basic kevlar hoses with fabric housing for the looks. jagwire hoses work fine on all my bikes.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
@slacker i have not ridden it yet. usually i do not hesitate to ride in slop, but right now trail conditions are really bad plus i don't really find the time to ride. but i am really curious if my custom geo works as intended. small frame, short reach, high bb - this one is a crossover of a ssp xc bike and a dirtjump/fourcross bike (hence the name 4XCSS).

@adm it has mainly medium level parts, most of which i sourced from my old bike. i just painted and polished a lot. new parts are mainly the small ones, headset, chainring and such.

@fred these are not braided steel hoses, only basic kevlar hoses with fabric housing for the looks. jagwire hoses work fine on all my bikes.

The anticipation will keep you stoked... I wouldn't want to the that beauty out in the slop right off the bat either.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

medium level is fine... effort was still high tup

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuq!!

I mean... that's a pretty nice bicycle

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 1:36 Quote
In terms of usability and longevity I have my doubts that the small rear cog was a good choice, though.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 1:55 Quote
well, the 13t came with the SSP kit so wel'll see. i have some more sizes of cogs and chainrings in the parts bin. plan b is at hand too, with a (hand polished) 10-speed xtr short cage derailleur and an 11-23t road cassette. just in case i grew too fat for single speed.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
chacou wrote:
Got out on the Marino mullet today
Looks sick! love that hammered navy color.

Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 5:16 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I will try the weekend. I am swapping things around on some stuff and have been genuinely curious myownself. One of the only drawbacks I have with Advents shifter is the non release clamp. I love my foam grips and once their on their on. So I get less bar swapping fun between bikes when that clamp goes on lol

Ok .... well then... I had no idea what sort of holiday activity packing the wife had in store for us this weekend... but needless to say.... I didn’t get ten minutes alone in the garage. I may be having to try this out after the christmas’s.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I will try the weekend. I am swapping things around on some stuff and have been genuinely curious myownself. One of the only drawbacks I have with Advents shifter is the non release clamp. I love my foam grips and once their on their on. So I get less bar swapping fun between bikes when that clamp goes on lol

Ok .... well then... I had no idea what sort of holiday activity packing the wife had in store for us this weekend... but needless to say.... I didn’t get ten minutes alone in the garage. I may be having to try this out after the christmas’s.

Seriously, f*ck the holidays. I've been in and out of the crawl space all week grabbing Christmas decorations and the like. I'll be lucky if I get find a time to ride before the new year that is not already taken up by some family function. Bah humbug

Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I :

, f*ck the holidays. . Bah humbug

I dont even open the christmas cards sent to me, they go straight from mail box to recycle, If I wanted a photo of your family I'd ask for one. people should know me by now.lol

Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
Festivus ain't dead.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018976
Mobile Version of Website