Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 9:44 Quote
Orange Crush with recently installed RockShox Lyrik Ultimate at 160mm. Certainly an upgrade from the stock 35 Silver TK!

Orange Crush

Other upgrades from stock:

XT 4-pots
Nukeproof Horizon handlebar, 40mm rise
ODI Rogue grips
One-Up 180mm dropper
WTB Volt saddle
DMR Vault pedals
Nukeproof chainguide
Rimpact tyre inserts F&R

Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 16:55 Quote
That looks nice and slick.
You'd just need black/orange or grey pedals.

Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 21:16 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
Orange Crush with recently installed RockShox Lyrik Ultimate at 160mm. Certainly an upgrade from the stock 35 Silver TK!

Orange Crush

XT 4-pots
ODI Rogue grips
One-Up 180mm dropper
WTB Volt saddle
DMR Vault pedals
Nukeproof chainguide
Rimpact tyre inserts F&R

Aggressive. Looks good with that 160 lyrik.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 4:55 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
That looks nice and slick.
You'd just need black/orange or grey pedals.

Thanks! Yea I did think that about the pedals but they came off another bike that I've now sold. Perhaps in the future I'll change for a different colour.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 4:58 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

Orange Crush

XT 4-pots
ODI Rogue grips
One-Up 180mm dropper
WTB Volt saddle
DMR Vault pedals
Nukeproof chainguide
Rimpact tyre inserts F&R

Aggressive. Looks good with that 160 lyrik.

Thank you! The Lyrik has actually bumped up the front end a bit due to a slightly longer axle to crown length over the 35s. Stock head angle was 64 degrees so will be slightly slacker now I think.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 11:11 Quote
Well I found my dream bike...so far. Ended up finding a Large ESD. Running 170 ZEB and iphone angle finder indicates 61’ HTA... certainly doesn’t look it due to waspish Honzo lines. First ride was a dream and a nightmare.

The great. At 170 I cannot believe how well this thing climbs.

The bad...my dog ran off mid climb and I had to search for an hour for his dumb ass. Found him but didn’t even get to try out the important part....DOWN!

He’s cut. Shitty riding buddy.

This thing fits like a glove. Super stoked.

photo

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 11:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Well I found my dream bike...so far. Ended up finding a Large ESD. Running 170 ZEB and iphone angle finder indicates 61’ HTA... certainly doesn’t look it due to waspish Honzo lines. First ride was a dream and a nightmare.

The bad...my dog ran off mid climb and I had to search for an hour for his dumb ass. Found him but didn’t even get to try out the important part....DOWN!

photo

Stoked for ya !!
Have loadsa fun. Downhill trails must be high on the agenda

Poor doggo, he took up a bit more of your riding time than you’d have liked it seems!

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 11:47 Quote
Yeah he blew it. His reasoning it seems was finding a dead animal and rolling all over it. Disgusting ride back home straight to the bath.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 16:24 Quote
Rad ! Stoked for ya \m/

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 23:15 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Well I found my dream bike...so far

Until the next one, or cut this one into pieces and weld it again! Haha

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 23:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

photo

It looks awesome dude! Is it a repaint? Dont remember seein this color on an esd. The orange highlights are a great match.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 23:50 Quote
I did a few changings as well over the last months. I guess thats whats happening when time is to short to ride but you look for another way to pet your bike... i was close to buying a new frame, but it turned out, i dont like the geo of any other bike and/or the favorite colors are sold out... so i turned over to the singlespeed side of mtb, repainted the fork and tried to find matching grips to bring even more color into it. color up your life!

photo

photo

photo

the pictures are shitty of course, but our place hasnt seen any sun since weeks and the bike hast seen any mountain since 2 months.

btw: i will go for new wheels, probably newmen evolution or spank vibrocore, but they are sold out. if you can suggest any others which are as good, just drop me a note.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 1:19 Quote
The ESD is cool (I have one as well), but with a Zeb isn't it too much ?
It's quite a heavy bike already, mine is close to 16kg I think, with heavy Hope wheels, an insert in the back and a Lyrik.

I'm not sure for the Zeb, I have one on my ebike and while it's rigid, it's not super smooth, it seems to be a recurrent (but normal) issue on forks with large stanchions.
The Lyrik on the other hand is super smooth.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 2:15 Quote
@Ar4S i like how you upgraded, welcome to singlespeed madness. you'll love and hate it. the grips somehow don't do it for me. if there's no matching product rather go for something completely different instead of trying to match. orange grips could look cool, or dmr deathgrips in gum.

for the wheelset, maybe have one built to suit your needs. it isn't that expensive. maybe dt 350 hubs on xm481 rims, that's a decent budget build.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 5:46 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
The ESD is cool (I have one as well), but with a Zeb isn't it too much ?
It's quite a heavy bike already, mine is close to 16kg I think, with heavy Hope wheels, an insert in the back and a Lyrik.

I'm not sure for the Zeb, I have one on my ebike and while it's rigid, it's not super smooth, it seems to be a recurrent (but normal) issue on forks with large stanchions.
The Lyrik on the other hand is super smooth.

Nahhh

Mine is very smooth. The Chef has a 150 air shaft for it as well. Just need to find time to meet up for a ride. I remembered reading a review from a guy on the North Shore BC who preferred it a 170. Thought I would try it since this is the only fork I have with the correct offset. I have a few to try and it will inevitably be swapped several times as an ongoing experiment.

As far as weight.... I don’t think I’ve had a bike under 34-36 lbs for years. Pretty used to it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023705
Mobile Version of Website