Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
O+
Posted: May 19, 2023 at 13:17 Quote
anyone have problems with seat post slipping over the course of a ride? Even at 8nm torque my seatpost still slips, and i've tried different clamps as well. Have also tried with and without friction paste. i'm fairly large at 245lbs and 6'7 so i'm putting a lot of leverage on the dropper

ordered one of these to hopefully remedy the issue, but wondering if anyone else has any magic fixes

https://engincycles.com/all-products/engin-seat-collar

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 14:09 Quote
photo

Curtis DH9 in the wild

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 18:45 Quote
captainclunkz wrote:
photo

Curtis DH9 in the wild
Thats pretty f*cking dope !

O+
Posted: May 19, 2023 at 20:29 Quote
Gorgeous frame and fork, but pretty lukewarm on the rest of it. Seat sucks, don't love the purple (pink?) accents, and either the cranks or the pedals should be a different colour to offset one another. Don't get me wrong though, would ride all day long...

O+
Posted: May 19, 2023 at 20:48 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
anyone have problems with seat post slipping over the course of a ride? Even at 8nm torque my seatpost still slips, and i've tried different clamps as well. Have also tried with and without friction paste. i'm fairly large at 245lbs and 6'7 so i'm putting a lot of leverage on the dropper

ordered one of these to hopefully remedy the issue, but wondering if anyone else has any magic fixes

What frame and what post? I’m 6’7” and 275lbs and ran a chromag clamp on a rootdown with a one up, only occasional slip but very rare

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 21:19 Quote
Torque wrenches are like fake news. Just tighten shit till is works.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 21:37 Quote
Or in the case of droppers, don’t.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 21:47 Quote
I have a bike that had a chronic seat tube slippage problem , tried many ways of shimming it with no luck , finally cleaned inside if seat tube thoroughly with pipe brush on drill then fluxed the inside of seat tube , heated seat tube with a torch and ran solder all around the inside of post then flex honed it till the post fit snug , that was at least 6 years ago and works till this day , of course it will ruin your paint . only recommend this on a steel bike.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 21:48 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:

Try a different seat post if you have one laying around or on a different bike. Figure out if its the frame or the post that's the issue.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 21:50 Quote
If nothing else works use some carbon prep and then add some dirt and sand, maybe concrete dust ..

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 23:32 Quote
try clear coating your seatpost to increase its diameter justva bit. and everything sterling said about torque wrenches is correct.

sick curtis btw, you're a lucky guy to get hold of the discontinued all silver intend forks.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 23:39 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:

What frame and what post? I’m 6’7” and 275lbs and ran a chromag clamp on a rootdown with a one up, only occasional slip but very rare

Word is Thomson clamp works well with droppers too.

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 0:21 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Gorgeous frame and fork, but pretty lukewarm on the rest of it. Seat sucks, don't love the purple (pink?) accents, and either the cranks or the pedals should be a different colour to offset one another. Don't get me wrong though, would ride all day long...

Due to the fact you own a Knolly, I can't take your opinion seriously

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025096
Mobile Version of Website