Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 9:50 Quote
Are you sure that head tube will resist the forces generated by such a long fork?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 9:54 Quote
mior wrote:
marzocchi shiver world cup 190mm. has no arch so i can run 27.5 wheels just fine
Have you tested clearance at full bottom out? I remember the arch on my old 26 fork would clear a 27.5, but the tire hit the bottom of the crown at full compression. Would result in a nasty dead stop OTB if it happened at speed on the trail...

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 17:38 Quote
scotteh wrote:
mior wrote:
marzocchi shiver world cup 190mm. has no arch so i can run 27.5 wheels just fine
Have you tested clearance at full bottom out? I remember the arch on my old 26 fork would clear a 27.5, but the tire hit the bottom of the crown at full compression. Would result in a nasty dead stop OTB if it happened at speed on the trail...
yep its got more than enough. headtube is short so i have the tubes pushed out enough, measures 200mm knob to crown

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 17:40 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:
Are you sure that head tube will resist the forces generated by such a long fork?
this fork is only 20mm over recommended a2c. i am also not sending it hard. i have no concerns

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 17:44 Quote
mior wrote:
new bike
new bike

More pics and a ride report please

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 17:47 Quote
it is addictive. the suspension is simultaneously super plush and supportive. absolutely rips.

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 21:58 Quote
Feels like 2001, LeToys with Monsters where are you???!

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 5:33 Quote
mior wrote:
IntoTheEverflow wrote:
Are you sure that head tube will resist the forces generated by such a long fork?
this fork is only 20mm over recommended a2c. i am also not sending it hard. i have no concerns

It's worth noting that while the a2c isn't much different, a dual crown fork does put different stress on the frame since it puts more leverage on the top of the headtube. Some frames cannot handle that. It will probably be fine but I would keep an eye on that headtube.

Mod
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:27 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
mior wrote:
IntoTheEverflow wrote:
Are you sure that head tube will resist the forces generated by such a long fork?
this fork is only 20mm over recommended a2c. i am also not sending it hard. i have no concerns

It's worth noting that while the a2c isn't much different, a dual crown fork does put different stress on the frame since it puts more leverage on the top of the headtube. Some frames cannot handle that. It will probably be fine but I would keep an eye on that headtube.
for sure. NS does say this frame is overbuilt

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:31 Quote
Look at the head tube junction…. Pretty sure its fine.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 3:21 Quote
Hardtail Hucking episode number 4, cheers! Beer
[L=https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Banan725135650/blog/video-hardtail-hucking.html

Hardtails are underrated. Check this out! Beer ]https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Banan725135650/blog/video-hardtail-hucking.html

Hardtails are underrated. Check this out! Beer [/L]

Mod
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 10:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Look at the head tube junction…. Pretty sure its fine.
i took one look at it and it looked as burly as my dh bike so i went for it

Mod
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 20:45 Quote
Views: 150    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 7:53 Quote
If you don't then I might. This one looks kinda sweet: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3756536/

Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 14:19 Quote
chacou wrote:
If you don't then I might. This one looks kinda sweet: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3756536/

oh shit..! that's a sharp frameset. price seems right...


 
Your subscriptions
no posts



Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029226
Mobile Version of Website