Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 7:15 Quote
Soooo. I did a thing. Big Grin

Ordered an Octane One Zircus in transparent blue, gonna be built up with my current parts. Smile

Decided to pull the trigger after comparing the geometry to my current ride.

The reach on the Zircus is 60mm longer than on my trek. Almost 2 degree slacker headtube, 430mm chainstays on the trek compared to min 385mm chainstays on the zircus, effective tt 595 (zircus) vs 570mm (trek), althou it's whole 15cm shorter I can live with a slightly lower seat for pedalling. Smile

Only bummer is my Reverb doesn't fit. Soooo, back to a regular seatpost I guess. Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
Interesting. A trail bike doesn't come to mind when I think of a Zircus, but that all sounds pretty good. What travel fork are you going to put on it?

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:36 Quote
100mm, untill I find a 120mm 20mm axle fork. Hmmm, the cr slope comes to mind but it's way to pricey Frown

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
The zircus in trail mode with zee 36 32

Looks quite nice if you ask me. Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
100mm, untill I find a 120mm 20mm axle fork. Hmmm, the cr slope comes to mind but it's way to pricey Frown

Sounds like it should be pretty damn fun. Is this interrupting plans for the Kona or are you still planning on getting it?

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
Unfortunately yes. The kona money had to be given to the bank Frown (skin flayers).

And since I'm planning an Japan trip next year, this was to be last chance to get it. But alas, since I'm gonna be stuck on a hardtail for the next year or two, I kinda want it to be a more aggressive one than a xc bike, that's not meant to be trashed by someone weighing over 100kg Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 21:18 Quote
I hear ya. Sucks the Kona got tabled. Well sounds like it will be a fun ride and it's always nice to get something different. Just curious though, did you see any of the Fire Eye frames? Seem to be pretty good frames for the price.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 0:15 Quote
Yeah, I though about them. But somehow they didn't catchy eye. It's either the shape. And also meaning that I would have to get a new fork

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 0:24 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I hear ya. Sucks the Kona got tabled. Well sounds like it will be a fun ride and it's always nice to get something different. Just curious though, did you see any of the Fire Eye frames? Seem to be pretty good frames for the price.

They look alright for the money. Although a few things to be wary about in the reviews but may be nothing to worry about.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/fire-eye-flame-hardtail-frame-2015/rp-prod118451?gs=1&gclid=CL6k1-PD-sUCFeyWtAodLA4AcA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 2:29 Quote
Sorry, I am way late to the party here, been travelling in Japan for business for the week. FYI, the "bent fork" on the yellow 456 wasn't acutally bent, it was a fisheye photo. I did however blow out a seal later that day. Also, the bike has seen some improvements since that day as well, but it's still cheap and ugly.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:

Resembles my Hornet frame.
So obviously I HAVE to like it Razz tup

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 3:16 Quote
dustyrusty wrote:
Sorry, I am way late to the party here, been travelling in Japan for business for the week. FYI, the "bent fork" on the yellow 456 wasn't acutally bent, its a fisheye photo. I did however blow out a seal later that day. Also, the bike has seen some improvements since that day as well, but it's still cheap and ugly.

Yes that was me that posted that pic. I'd always assumed the fork was bent from crashing. I'm sure we spoke briefly a while back about it but again I didn't realise it was not actually bent. Lol.

My apologies for any confusion, wrong information etc..Smile

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 16:12 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
dustyrusty wrote:
Sorry, I am way late to the party here, been travelling in Japan for business for the week. FYI, the "bent fork" on the yellow 456 wasn't acutally bent, its a fisheye photo. I did however blow out a seal later that day. Also, the bike has seen some improvements since that day as well, but it's still cheap and ugly.

Yes that was me that posted that pic. I'd always assumed the fork was bent from crashing. I'm sure we spoke briefly a while back about it but again I didn't realise it was not actually bent. Lol.

My apologies for any confusion, wrong information etc..Smile

No big deal, it's a crappy spare fork anyway.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
dragan-the-dragon wrote:

Resembles my Hornet frame.
So obviously I HAVE to like it Razz tup

Found a really good AM build

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://junksofa.com/sites/default/files/Demo_bike2.jpg
Hope Mine will be just as hot looking Smile

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 16:20 Quote
Got a new frame the other day... Smile
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pohrani.com/f/2c/yO/WJRylIA/20150605174958.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018166
Mobile Version of Website