Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
Still messing with bar height.

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
bleachtip wrote:
photo

Used to ride a Surge but wanted basic shit like bottle cage mounts, TA rear, longer reach, etc...

Currently running it with a 160 Diamond... I just need to order some travel spacers and it'll be at 140.

I'm 5'8" with a 70cm saddle height.. got SO lucky with my 150 KS LEV. Pretty stoked I'm able to run the post to the collar.

Got a few things I wanna swap out and I'm waiting on new stem/ bar combo to chop the steerer... but damn this thing is everything Im about!!! STOKED

My DVO Diamond came with the 10mm spacers(?),it's not hard to change the travel..

Here-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8z04smm58
(soz not proper linky,am on mobile).

Nice bike tup

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

My DVO Diamond came with the 10mm spacers(?),it's not hard to change the travel..

Here-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8z04smm58
(soz not proper linky,am on mobile).

Nice bike tup [/Quote]

Thanks!

Yea, looks crazy easy. I actually gave my spacers away to a homie who was trying to lower a Durolux. They use the same style of snap on spacers. Moon

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
You need bro help!!

DVO will most likely send them to you FOC if you give them your bro story

Rad fork ..

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
SilverCreek wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

I gave up waiting for a reply from John so I have tried to call several times but just get their voicemail which tells me that they are now closed for Christmas! lol What an efficient company they are! Phoned hotlines, they buyers are off at the show and nobody there knows anything about Chromag! Rolleyes So, as they are part of the same company as CRC I phoned CRC, guess what, even less helpful! I guess that the final stem is to mail Chromag themselves.....
My guess is that you will find them supremely helpful. Have been in the past with my queries

I think you are probably right, Just about to email them now.

I have just had an email back from Chromag. (Really quick reply!) They tell me that Hotlines currently do not plan to stock Chromag frames, just components. However, they (Hotlines) will take special orders for them, but you will have to wait until Hotlines place a stock order on Chromag (could be months!) So the long and short of it is there is no easy route for UK customers to buy Chromag frames now! Chromag will sell direct to us in the UK, but then they become prohibitively expensive with shipping and import duty etc and a rotten exchange rate.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
Damn, that's harsh..

Must be secondhand about?

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/14335670/

Some of my tyres ^^

What ya running people..And why? Come on fess up!

E13 on my Chromag, got spat off yesterday .. need to swap the rear out..why? coz I need a slipperierierier rear! Bitch ploughed on and pushed the front away..Teach me to place my bodyweight correctly..

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:22 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Damn, that's harsh..

I was after one of the new colourways. I will buy something else instead I guess.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:24 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Damn, that's harsh..

I was after one of the new colourways. I will buy something else instead I guess.

Seen the new colour?

Lavender

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
I know they do any colour you want too.. for coin

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

I torn between the black & chrome or the new Kashima(ish) colour.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nicksand5 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Probably... But always worth chewing the fat over wheel mixies...

Melvin? Is that a tensioner? If so nope just a Forte house brand job. Works damn well, no real slap but it is pretty tight though...
good to know thanks.

I did the 27.5plus in the rear and 29 up front for a short bit. I dug it but in the end i decided to stick with 29 in the rear. the slight difference in height screwed up my pedal strikes and to put a larger fork on wouldve made it really slack. a 2.5 29 is what i will be after for front and rear hopefully high volume and reasonable weight in the rear and some lugs in the front.

I put in a few days on a Canfield EPO with 2.5 maxxis 29... I thought they were pretty darn good and grippy. I'll probably wait a few years or at least two to try out 27.5 plus tires, I think they have some work to do on the side walls and such. the ones I have sat on a squirted around on seemed pretty flimsy and I have a couple of buddies who have torn brand new tires straight out of the gate already. I imagine with all the plus bikes popping up that slice of tire heaven will get a lot of R&D coming up.

@Sterlingmagnum: did you rent the EPO? or did you buy one you sneaky bastard.....how was the ride..I hear good things about them

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I torn between the black & chrome or the new Kashima(ish) colour.

Nice ..all

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/14335670/

Some of my tyres ^^

What ya running people..And why? Come on fess up!

E13 on my Chromag, got spat off yesterday .. need to swap the rear out..why? coz I need a slipperierierier rear! Bitch ploughed on and pushed the front away..Teach me to place my bodyweight correctly..

Nice collection

Purgs on the 6fattie, only have rode it a few times, jury still out
X-kings on stumpy ht, they still have nips, so no idea but the stock tires left a lot to desire
Surge rock'n dhf/dhr2 combo, also have not been able to proper rip on these but I can't see them failing
newest build in the works goin with wtb boss/ranger combo

prev bikes
GC fat on a fatboy worked good for the purpose
dth were hella sticky on a crypt, really liked them
tabletops on a sweeper & a p3 worked pretty well but not as good as the above
larsen tt on a p2 did well

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
speshiz , thanks, I love a good tyre..

I like to hear every so often about tyres,many don't as they already have talked about them to death and back - fair one

Maxxis fanboi here, but widening my tastes at a push! HRII is my 'go to' ,exo,tr,st,maxxterrra
Shorty lined up for gloop purposes

Magic Mary up front reminds me of old 26" 2.5 high rollers and minions - Hans dampf have been lovely in the dry summer days, really liked them on the rear

Conti's on the rear, not tried Kaiser's, but some race /black chilli have been 'ok'

Yet to try WTB Convicts or the new Bonty's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025218
Mobile Version of Website