FOX 32 f100/15mm for dirtjumping?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
FOX 32 f100/15mm for dirtjumping?
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2011 at 14:34 Quote
cinnamon140 wrote:
Tom, hundreds of people use these forks and think they're great. Loads of people use them for park and dj, yes they won't be strong enough for slopestyle but that doesn't matter. They are plenty strong enough for what DJ and park demands (if you aren't a hack) and as a bonus weigh loads less than argyles etc
thank you Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 at 14:42 Quote
OK I'll bite.

They are stiffer than my old dj3s by a mile and a lot more confidence inspiring because they are much more plush on dirt so more grip etc

I have hacked up loads of spins. Still running sweet and I bet they will run sweet for ages.

Yes they do weigh very little. Probably due to a high level of engineering and design in the fork and using a cartridge damping system instead of oil bath as used on other forks

The only people who buy "cool looking" parts live on pinkbike

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
cinnamon140 wrote:
Tom, hundreds of people use these forks and think they're great. Loads of people use them for park and dj, yes they won't be strong enough for slopestyle but that doesn't matter. They are plenty strong enough for what DJ and park demands (if you aren't a hack) and as a bonus weigh loads less than argyles etc

I think because you can get away with them and if you would recomend for somebody else to run them is a totaly different matter.

You can get away with running XC wheels on a Dj bike for a while but as soon as you case a jump or land a big jump heavily it'll bend and buckle.

The same thing will happen with an XC fork on a dirt jumper, it will hold up but on a big drop, or a crash or a heavy front wheel landing it will break or fatigue and build up to breaking.

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 at 14:49 Quote
His question - is it possible to ride the fox 32 f100 for dirtjump??

Answer - yes but don't forget to take it off at Crankworks

END THREAD

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 at 21:47 Quote
I ran a 32 talas with no thru axel. The lowers were no match for the stress of footjams. But they were so light! I did discover one night in my garage that fox 32 uppers will fit into rock shox dart lowers hahahaha. But then those broke too. I'm running a dj3 fork now and i like it when its set up firm.

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 2:57 Quote
cinnamon140 wrote:
His question - is it possible to ride the fox 32 f100 for dirtjump??

Answer - yes but don't forget to take it off at Crankworks

END THREAD

PERSON WHO ASKED ORIGINAL QUESTION:
and it works good on big jumps like 17feet far and 15 feet high?

Answer - NO.

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
hey guys and what you think about the rock shox argyle rct??

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
TheSchwobei wrote:
hey guys and what you think about the rock shox argyle rct??

go ask in the Quick Question for DJ/street thread. But, yeah it's awesome.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
If you can afford a fox 32 you shoudl just get a pike dj or manitou circus instead, those are dj specific forks

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
lola-rides-bikes wrote:
If you can afford a fox 32 you shoudl just get a pike dj or manitou circus instead, those are dj specific forks

This thread is so old they're probably all dead now from their forks snapping.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010661
Mobile Version of Website