Best place in europe for a weeks epic singletrack?

PB Forum :: Europe
Best place in europe for a weeks epic singletrack?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 at 7:35 Quote
~Hi all...

a bunch of us did Morzine/Les Gets last year, and are looking to plan this years trip, so are looking for recommendations of where to go.

Morzine & Les Gets were great, but, if possible, I'd like to go somewhere that has longer more natural singletrack.
(we only did the marked routes in the week we had there, so maybe there are more long natural routes we didn't find!?!?)

Also, would be good if it's no further than the morzine area (give or take an hour), as a hired van works our cheaper for us than all buying bike-bags and flying....

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
Hi Piers,

Check out www.fb-travels.com

Im not sure with howmany people you want to go, but from 3 people onwards there are custom trips.

There will be some pedaling involved, but worth the effort!

Both the Zillertal in Austria and Slovenia destinations have heaps. Zillertal has more gondola's and Chairlifts though.

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 9:03 Quote
Check out the guys at www.puregravity.co.uk they are based in Verbier but also visit numerous other destinations in France and Italy which are no more than 1 hour away. Rode with them last year amazing scenery and descents that were up to 16km!

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 13:21 Quote
Also check out Les Arcs. It`s like Morzine/Les Gets but natural singletrack. There is also the Cachette downhill track thats man made with a small freeride area at the bottom. Check out Trail Addiction for more info of the area. I went with them 2 years ago and it was an awesome place to ride. I got a few pics in my pinkbike album if your interested. A guide is essential as most of the tracks are not marked like in Les Gets.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
For the best natural epic singletrack in Europe, try North Carolina.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 14:37 Quote
nothern italy is nice if you want to go a bit further

riviera bike

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 14:47 Quote
For something a little different, check out the Basqe Country. Some great singletrack

http://www.basquemtb.com/category/mountain-bike-images/

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 5:05 Quote
I think you just have to change the thread: Switzerland

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 15:52 Quote
I was interested in the answer to this thread. It appears to ask for ideas about where to ride, when running and leading you own trip, but sadly (as usual) it’s been hijacked by adverts for commercial companies. So, bike companies - if someone asks for route advice, by all means pop up and answer the question, but only if you want to share some advice and offer routes.

We’ve been riding around the French Alps further south near Briancon, and there are lots of routes to be found using GR footpaths. Often they are signposted as VTT trails as well, but some are not. Some areas have good trail maps, that help other don’t and it’s case of using the large scale maps and google earth to ferret out worthwhile routes. I’d be more than happy to share the ones I have found and ridden especially by trading advice with other areas that might also have some all day mountain routes.

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
pug5ley wrote:
Also check out Les Arcs. It`s like Morzine/Les Gets but natural singletrack. There is also the Cachette downhill track thats man made with a small freeride area at the bottom. Check out Trail Addiction for more info of the area. I went with them 2 years ago and it was an awesome place to ride. I got a few pics in my pinkbike album if your interested. A guide is essential as most of the tracks are not marked like in Les Gets.

Do you have any details of the single tracks in Les Arc? If you have any GPS tracks that would be very useful.

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
JohnAllan wrote:
pug5ley wrote:

Do you have any details of the single tracks in Les Arc? If you have any GPS tracks that would be very useful.

email the guys at Trail Addiction. They do a backcountry week out there that is all epic single track. I dont use a gps so cant help with the gps tracks.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
Pierscoe1 wrote:
~Hi all...

a bunch of us did Morzine/Les Gets last year, and are looking to plan this years trip, so are looking for recommendations of where to go.

Morzine & Les Gets were great, but, if possible, I'd like to go somewhere that has longer more natural singletrack.
(we only did the marked routes in the week we had there, so maybe there are more long natural routes we didn't find!?!?)

Also, would be good if it's no further than the morzine area (give or take an hour), as a hired van works our cheaper for us than all buying bike-bags and flying....

Hi there,

Have you considered hitting Verbier Bikepark in Switzerland? Its about 45min drive from Champery in Portes Du Soleil. Trails are absolute class and no queue for the uplifts. They also run to the end of october and are more less no braking bumps as it doesnt get the big crowds.
Theres a mix of blue, red and black runs. Plus there is the IXS DH race track which is insane.

If you need anymore info check out our website https://www.valaismtb.com/

Best of luck with your trip Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008785
Mobile Version of Website