Does this bike exist?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Does this bike exist?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 16:15 Quote
hey guys i'm starting to look into getting a new bike down the road and am looking for some suggestions. I want a bike that is really really fun to ride downhill, FAST. This bike needs to be able to hit jumps (although nothing too massive) and have enough travel to be fun in a bike park. here is the kicker... this bike still needs to be able to go up, we don't really have anywhere to shuttle around here so you have to earn your run. I've been looking into the bottle rocket (although i'm not sure about the 140mm rear travel being enough), the santa cruz built (concerned about going up) the santa cruz nomad (maybe not burly enough for bike parks). I also still want this bike to be able to handle some AM stuff, maybe not super quickly but still be able to pedal. I know this is a tough set of requirements to meet but if anyone knows of a bike that'd be great. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 16:23 Quote
Spesh sx trail,giant reign i think it is.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 16:26 Quote
so baisicaly u wont a...

mix of a XC,FR,DH,AM bike.?
good look finding one..
tup

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 16:30 Quote
First thing that I thought of was the Nomad or Bottlerocket (the 2 bikes you thought of lol) My friends dad has a nomad and it looks like it handled the local downhill course really well. But if you want a bike for all of them, you cant expect it to be great in all, you have to do some sacrificing.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 16:40 Quote
The Giant Reign X would be a good place to start looking. I'm not sure of the budget you have for this new bike, but I think the bike that suits your every need would be an Ibis Mojo HD.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
Yeah i know i can't get something that is perfect in all categories. I'm more concerned about the going down then the pedaling up. I just want something that I could put a dual chain ring on the front and will get me to the top. I'm not exactly sure of my budget i'll have to see how much money I have come spring time, but regardless I think the ibis is out of my range. I'm pretty light like (140 pounds) so something like the nomad i prob wouldn't be really harsh on. Can anyone comment on the bottle rocket's 140mm rear travel?

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 17:45 Quote
try the TR 250 maybe?

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 17:48 Quote
Reign X, amazing bike. Climbs like an anthem, goes down like a glory.

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 17:51 Quote
I love my Felt Redemption. I picked it up used, and it is mostly stock. 165 mm rear travel. 160mm up front. I have a quiver of bikes, but it is my do everything bike. 33ish lbs. Its nice and burly. It has become my go to trail bike, unless I am shuttling or riding in a bike park somewhere. Great all around ride for the area, in which I live. It climbs all day, and rails down. I like the geometry on it, and it has a shorter cockpit which fits my riding style. Equilink suspension design is a bit of a gimmick, but most designs are. It is a glorified 4 bar, with a stabilizer link that sits right behind the seat tube, that stiffens up lateral movement. Blah blah blah. Anyway, it is an awesome all around bike, and it sounds like that is what you are looking for. Good luck with your search. Ride everything until you find something that suits you and your riding style.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 18:30 Quote
Starcbiker...you were on the right track, the bottlerocket will handle and do anything you ask of it. Be mindful that some of it of course has to do with the RIDER as well. I owned a bottlerocket, and found it to climb just fine, and as far as travel wise, the bike truely felt like it had alot more than 5.5 inches. JMO, but you can't go wrong with a bottlerocket, nor with Transitions customer service. Good luck tup

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 21:09 Quote
loving my Scratch, excels on the downhill and still very efficient pedaling when pointed up.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 21:17 Quote
Get a knolly podium, and build it light! mines getting close to 36lbs, and has a full seattube.. Not to mention it pedals really well. i kick ass up fromme on it.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 21:50 Quote
Morewood kalula

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 4:55 Quote
you will have to comparise on some parts of this!

i started of on a giant reign (not the reign x!!) great bike, easy going up and fine going down!

the reign x with a coil shock and and so good forks bulit up light would be perfect!

i also have a 2010 sx, this bike is great for genral riding and blasting down hill, but you have to work for it, the bike is a misson to get uphill! but you can just man up and blast down hill!

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 7:31 Quote
Specialized enduro?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010560
Mobile Version of Website