Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)

PB Forum :: USA - East
Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)
Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 19:35 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
What up Tarzan! Not sure if you remember me or not, but I met you on the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) and up in DTO on one of Kyles (Kyles Bike Shop) night urban jams I believe. Unfortunately I moved up to Upstate South Carolina 8 months ago and loving it up here. Take the Darkside to Santos bro!

Ride on, Ride smooth, and keep the rubber off the ground! Beer Salute

Who is this? I know this isn't Flex or Ben...

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 20:05 Quote
bradleytheiconoclast wrote:
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
What up Tarzan! Not sure if you remember me or not, but I met you on the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) and up in DTO on one of Kyles (Kyles Bike Shop) night urban jams I believe. Unfortunately I moved up to Upstate South Carolina 8 months ago and loving it up here. Take the Darkside to Santos bro!

Ride on, Ride smooth, and keep the rubber off the ground! Beer Salute

Who is this? I know this isn't Flex or Ben...
Hahahaha....Not Jeremy (Flex) and definitely not my bro Ben either. Ben is in Arkansas now...lol.

I wasn't sure if you would have remembered me and my son, but we have met and shred before in FL. My son and I have rode with Vader (Glenn), Ty, Jay, Mike, Richard, Ritchy, Lee, Miles, Joe, Broc and many more from the FL crew.

Anyways, take the DS to Santos and shred! Beer Salute

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 20:42 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
Hahahaha....Not Jeremy (Flex) and definitely not my bro Ben either. Ben is in Arkansas now...lol.

I wasn't sure if you would have remembered me and my son, but we have met and shred before in FL. My son and I have rode with Vader (Glenn), Ty, Jay, Mike, Richard, Ritchy, Lee, Miles, Joe, Broc and many more from the FL crew.

Anyways, take the DS to Santos and shred! Beer Salute

I remember chatting with you but your name escapes me at the moment. I just talked to Ben a few weeks ago. He is loving it out there with his new job - I'm a tad envious.

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 6:15 Quote
bradleytheiconoclast wrote:
I remember chatting with you but your name escapes me at the moment. I just talked to Ben a few weeks ago. He is loving it out there with his new job - I'm a tad envious.
No worries bro, names with me always never stick, it's the face that never leaves me... lol I am Michael and my son is Joco (Jocque).

I am terrible with names, but faces I will always remember, though the name "Tarzan" just kind of sticks per say...lol

I miss riding with Ben, as we used to do a lot of urban seshes along with the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) in PB before he moved to MS and now AR. He definitely has an awesome job that he loves. I was supposed to shred with Flex when he was going to hit up Hillside Bike Park back on Thanksgiving, but he had to work. He is coming up with some of the Santos Crew around March April 2014 to Hilltop. Are you coming up?

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 13:42 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
No worries bro, names with me always never stick, it's the face that never leaves me... lol I am Michael and my son is Joco (Jocque).

I am terrible with names, but faces I will always remember, though the name "Tarzan" just kind of sticks per say...lol

I miss riding with Ben, as we used to do a lot of urban seshes along with the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) in PB before he moved to MS and now AR. He definitely has an awesome job that he loves. I was supposed to shred with Flex when he was going to hit up Hillside Bike Park back on Thanksgiving, but he had to work. He is coming up with some of the Santos Crew around March April 2014 to Hilltop. Are you coming up?

Yeah, that's the reason I introduce myself as Tarzan... I hadn't heard about the trip but it sounds like something worth checking out. I'll give Flex a call to get details.

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
I live in pensacola, my local trails around here are the UWF trails. Not to fun for my AM bike but I gotta make due with these flat grounds around here. My ride is a 09 khs velvet.

Posted: Jan 15, 2014 at 17:57 Quote
Check out this FL MTB'ing blog. It's funny how some of the best shredding was left out (minus private spots), but I totally understand that they couldn't hit them all up. Places like Carter, The Rock, Jimmy Cotton (Avon Park area), Graham Swamp, Mala Champra, Chuck Lennon, Fort Pierce Trails (FPT), Hailes Trails, and of course my hometown trail "GFT" (Grapefruit Trail) are totally awesome spots to shred.

I will say this though, "The Rock" is far better than "San Felasco" any day at anytime....lol. The good thing is, at least the most epic like Santos, Alafia/Balm, Tom Brown, and Markham Park were mentioned. Just would not be right without them thrown into the mix.

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-trails/my-top-five-the-best-mountain-bike-trails-in-florida/

Posted: Jan 15, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
Gotta cater to the masses I suppose, and what was mentioned seems to have the broadest trails.

Chili shoot me your address so I can get those cages up to you.

Finally have a long travel hard tail on the way.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.commencal-store.it/shop/379-897-large_default/frame-commencal-meta-ht-am-2014.jpg

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
Gotta cater to the masses I suppose, and what was mentioned seems to have the broadest trails.

Chili shoot me your address so I can get those cages up to you.

Finally have a long travel hard tail on the way.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.commencal-store.it/shop/379-897-large_default/frame-commencal-meta-ht-am-2014.jpg
Whoa, totally forgot about the pedals. Just been so dang busy with work, life, family, and play I totally forgot. My bad brother! PM me your PP address (and amount you need to ship them) again so I can get the monies off to you so to ship them. I totally apologize my friend...lol.

BTW, that is a sick frame though I never heard of them before. Must be a foreign frame or something. Loving the color though!!! tup

Looks very familiar to my big hit FR hardtail (long travel HT). It now has a white 160mm Domain on it now as of two weeks ago, and that 145mm Nixon is in the shop getting an overhaul and will go on my Komodo II. tup

My big hit FR hardtail

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 5:46 Quote
Yea, the company is based out of Andorra. They have a huge line of bikes and recently launched in the US. They seem to be a bit pricey, but I scored the frame on sale.

It's a 650b frame, but I'm confident with high volume tires on 26" the geo will be fine. It is spec'd with a 140mm fork with the 650b wheels. I have a Vengeance lowered to 150mm, so it should be a pretty fun rig that's good all around.

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
oneless29er wrote:
I live in pensacola, my local trails around here are the UWF trails. Not to fun for my AM bike but I gotta make due with these flat grounds around here. My ride is a 09 khs velvet.

Try across the street....

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
Well, I only ever have time for Skillzville these days, and even that's rare, but here's the last iteration of mine!

Here s the TROOF updates
  Here's the TROOF updates!!!

I like it!

It was single speed until I got to WV last year, and that failed to be a valid plan at the border of North Carolina...

Also have others, but this as close to freeride as it gets for me anymore.

Too many injuries and complications!

Thanks - T

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 9:27 Quote
ParabellumShane wrote:
oneless29er wrote:

As soon as I can catch a free day I plan on getting out there. I've been dying to go check out the other side.

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 3:26 Quote
oneless29er wrote:
ParabellumShane wrote:
oneless29er wrote:

As soon as I can catch a free day I plan on getting out there. I've been dying to go check out the other side.

Lots of interesting stuff for freeride or all mountain folks on the Games Loop side. We're also having a lil all mountain hot lap over there the end of Feb too.

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
I have some family that lives in Orange county. Any trails out that way that i can check out when i visit?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022639
Mobile Version of Website