Downhill tracks near bristol? (in england)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downhill tracks near bristol? (in england)
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
roddi18 wrote:
FOD isn't over the bridge at all
well it depends where your coming from if you live in say bristol it is unless you go all the way around which would take AGES !

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 4:41 Quote
I'd like to know about the ones in bath too tbh. Ashton Court was terrible last time I went, nothing DH about it. Best thing to do is just go into a forest or woods and build your own :p

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 6:47 Quote
What about Nibley, about 30mins or Leckhampton, about 1hr.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
Grael wrote:
I'd like to know about the ones in bath too tbh. Ashton Court was terrible last time I went, nothing DH about it. Best thing to do is just go into a forest or woods and build your own :p

if you go up by the carpark theres some runs up there.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 23:23 Quote
i know its over the bridge but afan has some epic stuff and just built a new 4x track (worlds longest apparently)

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
Anything decent for DH at Ashton Court? Heading up that way at the weekend and need somewhere decent, I know the main loop that goes around the outside, but thats somewhat boring.

Cheers.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 at 12:46 Quote
Theres about 5 runs off from the picnic bench in leigh woods

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 at 17:15 Quote
Eduardoramundo wrote:

In leigh woods, this is news to me! They any good?

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
Ashton Hill Woods is the best place I have found in Bristol. Go past Ashton Court, turn left down Beggars Bush Lane. Follow that road to the end, go straight over the traffic lights and the car park is on the left as you go round the first left hand corner.
There are 3 short DH tracks there (altho one hasn't been upkept and you can only ride the bottom section.
At the bottom there is a big DJ section with jumps for all abilities.
I go there pretty regularly - if you need a riding partner there give me a shout.

Posted: Nov 13, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
rowberrow has a range of different downhill trails. theres a really steep one with roadgaps etc. and theres the mainline. around 5 -8 mins of pure roots. and theres many others. its where i learnt to DH. gimmie a PM and il talk you thru it in more detail ?

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 15:55 Quote
mccaw wrote:
Eduardoramundo wrote:

In leigh woods, this is news to me! They any good?

good fun but not really downhill runs mate, a trail bike's more than ample

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 19:38 Quote
anything near uwe bristol guys?

Posted: Feb 20, 2011 at 13:17 Quote
blazing420 wrote:
anything near uwe bristol guys?

Not really that I know of. I live next door to UWE but tend to drive across town to Ashton Hill Woods. FoD isn't too far away and Rowberrow is also a short drive.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
mccaw wrote:
Hit up bath on the weekend, it is acctualy awesome!

Some super steep sections, very technical, then some nice open bits at the bottom with some nice berms and jumps, was good Big Grin

Also a nice DJ section, we were wipping the big table there Razz

Can you tell me where this is Please?

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 9:32 Quote
haz would you ever do a lift share? - don't have a car up here (1st year)
wouldnt mind putting petty money in and it'd be a chance to learn some locations....

been to FoD twice, great fun but again, no car!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018641
Mobile Version of Website