Downhill tracks near bristol? (in england)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downhill tracks near bristol? (in england)
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
It was mentioned two pages ago, but Triscombe is really good. It's got one of the steepest tracks I've ridden in the UK (Brendan's trail) and is always good.
The trails are natural (no bmx style groomed trail centre stuff) and there are plenty of them.
Well worth the trip.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 11:03 Quote
I'm quite new to Bristol and thought I might as well resurrect this old thread. I ride dh and from what i have read the scene in Bristol is pretty dead since still woods is no more?(correct me if I'm wrong) Been to fod a few times and it has loads of great tracks there and I'm up for exploring a lot more places to ride.

I have a car, don't mind driving bout hour an half from Bristol. I can fit one other person in and would be well up for for doing a lift share if anyone is interested. My days off are normally in the week and I was thinking of checking out the dh at triscombe on monday, reply or pm me.
cheers

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 3:28 Quote
Vex3d wrote:
I'm quite new to Bristol and thought I might as well resurrect this old thread. I ride dh and from what i have read the scene in Bristol is pretty dead since still woods is no more?(correct me if I'm wrong) Been to fod a few times and it has loads of great tracks there and I'm up for exploring a lot more places to ride.

I have a car, don't mind driving bout hour an half from Bristol. I can fit one other person in and would be well up for for doing a lift share if anyone is interested. My days off are normally in the week and I was thinking of checking out the dh at triscombe on monday, reply or pm me.
cheers

Triscombe is definitely worth checking out...long walk to the top but some really good and varied trails...was up there yesterday getting bounced around on the little bike - today I hurt. Well worth it!! If it's dry, and you want something a little different, O.P trails are just outside Taunton - smooth fast flowing trails and a decent amount of small/medium jumps (and a much shorter walk to the top).

Check out the Triscombe Riders Collective group and O.P Trails group on Facehook.

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
cheers for all that man i will check all that out and i will definitely head over there in the few couple of weeks.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 1:07 Quote
I remember an awesome dh race in Chedder, but that was probably 20 years ago now! I looked up this thread as I was intending on trying to hit up some dh stuff when I come back to visit Bristol, but now I realize that living in Southern California I am spoiled rotten for dh stuff. I used to live up by Troopers Hill in St George. Can't you go up there in the middle of the night and build a drop off and a couple of jumps? That would be short but sweet!

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 4:21 Quote
There are a few trails up at Belmont, which are basically a replacement for Still.
I rode there on Friday for the first time and it's pretty sick, check out the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/BelmontRidersAssociation?fref=ts

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 2:17 Quote
Hey Vex3d im looking for another person to go riding with too so may take you up on youre offer
I have a kona coiler and have only just started getting into DH stuff and really like it but im more beginner level at the moment and need to learn how to jump lol
Im thinking of going to cwmcarn and bike park wsles etc

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
I'm moving to Bristol in September to study at UWE. I'll be living in halls on Frenchay Campus but I'm bringing my DH bike when I move down. I know one or two local riders but it'd be good to get to know some more locals, anybody want to point me in the direction of a local online community for gravity riders?

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 13:38 Quote
Scousestreet I'm living in Bristol at the moment and find there's very little worth riding on a dh bike nearby. You've got belmont but that's more jumps than steep/rough. The off piste dh tracks in leigh woods are great but rideable for about 3 months a year as the clay soil is horrible!

I mainly ride FoD, Rowberrow and Triscombe, all of which are awesome! They all have fb pages to find peeps to ride with but you'll need a car of course to get there.

Do UWE have a mtb group? I know UoB do but i'm not sure about UWE.

I would offer to show you around but I'm off to Cardiff uni in september! Razz

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 11, 2015 at 10:36 Quote
If you don't have a car, hop on the train. Myself or one of the other Taunton locals would be happy to give you a lift and show you around Triscombe.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:19 Quote
Any riders from Bristol ?
hi ! i'm new Wink i'm looking to hook up for a bike park visit (and i need to rent a bike for now).

I was on Belmond Trails (on road bike Smile ) to look at it Belmont Trails

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029743
Mobile Version of Website