Pro II Trials hub - needs service?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Pro II Trials hub - needs service?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 10:45 Quote
Hi i've got a pro2 singlespeed rear wheel thats been sat around for a while. it's relatively new, i havnt done many miles on it...

gonna put her back into use soon and was wondering if it could do with a service or are they ok with not being used for a while?

thanks, fellow mechainics!

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:18 Quote
it should be fine but i would take it apart just to be safe

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
thats what i was thinking, it comes down to how much love you have for your bike parts, and how lazy you are. a well serviced hub will last forever tup

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:37 Quote
having it off the bike, you have no excuse not to service it Razz
it will thank you in the long run

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
yes, by clicking lovingly in my ear (and everyone elses) but seriously (just remembered) i heard if you service it and put new grease in it clicks extra loud, so.. yep!

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:41 Quote
you will need to put a really thin liquid grease in it, i used wet lube and it made it silent but smooth, i bet dry lube would be pretty good to use

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:43 Quote
........finish line dry teflon lube......? (sat on my desk)

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:43 Quote
yeahh should work a treat

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
yayyyy, and some specially prepared love juice hahahahahaha. ok no need to carry on this thread. i know whats what now Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 12:20 Quote
I use Finish Line Teflon Dry Lube when servicing both my Pro II rear hubs and its never let me down in several years Wink

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 2:46 Quote
cool. i've just done it. but i also did something a bit nauty but i couldnt resist. i bent the springs outwards a bit to increse the force on the pawls = louder click. and guess what its fackin loud! i dont know if this is because its all clean inside or cos of my spring bending or a bit o both...
i filmed myself doing it, uploading soon

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 3:05 Quote
eyeah... neverrrrrr bend the springs!
it's a loud enough hub as it is, mine is packed full of polylube and it still wakes the dead

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 3:40 Quote
yes, as i was doing it i was thinking, 'hang on, hope have designed this to be the way it is, dont fiddle.. well as it turns out a new set of pawls n springs is £15 ($25 ish) so if it dies i'l do that. seems ok though!
Views: 390    Faves: 1    Comments: 10

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 15:19 Quote
ha loving the songs dude, not heard some of those in aaaaaages

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016382
Mobile Version of Website