Budget carbon frames (ebay chinese specials)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Budget carbon frames (ebay chinese specials)
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 4:37 Quote
marquis wrote:
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
marquis wrote:
So what was with your first post,or do you suffer memory loss now.

Look you no im right and i think so will every one else that reads this! I have a very valid point that i have put across - Which has started this debate ! And i no you no im right because all you can relpy is "do you suffer memory loss" ....... What you are doing is trying to get me to bite back to your replys making you have a good reason to ban me which is unfair, just because your MOD!!!!!! Its a debate man remember that yeah ? or do you suffer fom memory loss ?

When people start resorting to childish name calling it no longer becomes a debate it then becomes personal,your here to simply stick up for your friend and have no interest at all in a debate which is then classed as trolling,how about reading some posts before trying to be a keyboard warrior.

I'm tired of wasting my time with children who know absolutely nothing about nothing and yet are convinced they do,there in lies the problem,children can't control there motions hence why there are laws in place to protect them from themselves,look at the adult conversation between me and other users here before you pipe up again,in failure to do so means you are trolling and trolls are banned.

LMAO lol ok boss !

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 4:48 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:

Well yes and no - The fact is lloyd has been right all along, All he was trying to say its that the frame isnt worth buying !! Take for example - The Specialized S-works stumpjumper frame (which is carbon) isnt £1500 for nothin, its the quality of emgineering and materials you are paying for - other wise if the ebay specials were so good trek, spesh, etc... would go out of business because they would be clearly over priced .... If you get me?

Think of it like this.... I can go to Primark and get a shirt for £3 and it will last me 2 years, or i can go to Jack Wills or some other big company and pay £120 for one that looks just the same but lasts 2 months... Cheaply made but sell for loads just because of the label.

Yeah, sometimes you do pay for build quality, but most of the time you pay for brands

I'm not disagreeing with you, but they've got you right where they want you!

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 5:41 Quote
jessejones wrote:
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:

Well yes and no - The fact is lloyd has been right all along, All he was trying to say its that the frame isnt worth buying !! Take for example - The Specialized S-works stumpjumper frame (which is carbon) isnt £1500 for nothin, its the quality of emgineering and materials you are paying for - other wise if the ebay specials were so good trek, spesh, etc... would go out of business because they would be clearly over priced .... If you get me?

Think of it like this.... I can go to Primark and get a shirt for £3 and it will last me 2 years, or i can go to Jack Wills or some other big company and pay £120 for one that looks just the same but lasts 2 months... Cheaply made but sell for loads just because of the label.

Yeah, sometimes you do pay for build quality, but most of the time you pay for brands

I'm not disagreeing with you, but they've got you right where they want you!

Finally some one with actual sense.

Another one for you,hope v2 is roughly around the same price as a avid code,yet the hope v2 is cnc machined in the uk and the worker is on 250-350 quid a week,avid code is made in taiwan and the worker is on roughly 10% of what the uk worker is,hope have higher over heads as they don't produce the numbers that avid do,so where is the extra cost going.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 5:44 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
in my opinion you're only paying the 1000 mark price for a brand name when you buy a carbon frame.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:04 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
in my opinion you're only paying the 1000 mark price for a brand name when you buy a carbon frame.

Yeh but think of it like Ford KA OR Audi R8

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:06 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:

What 2 different cars designed for completely different purposes? Good effort...

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:14 Quote
jessejones wrote:
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:

What 2 different cars designed for completely different purposes? Good effort...

Yeah they have different purposes but its the manufacturing im trying to get at !! The ebay bike is cheap, not very reliable where as a better frame like a carbon s-works the weave of the carbon is differnt making it stronger, its much more realiable and just all round better !!

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:15 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
jessejones wrote:
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:

Yeah they have different purposes but its the manufacturing im trying to get at !! The ebay bike is cheap, not very reliable where as a better frame like a carbon s-works the weave of the carbon is differnt making it stronger, its much more realiable and just all round better !!

Facepalm please for your own sake just go away,it is obvious you nothing at all.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:17 Quote
marquis wrote:
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
jessejones wrote:

Facepalm please for your own sake just go away,it is obvious you nothing at all.

LMAO such a stupid fool !! One last thing - Im going to laugh so much when i see you buy a cheap carbon frame and its snaps and you hurt your self _______ Im gone !

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:20 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:

Noone is disagreeing with you, thats what we are getting at! And you doing this just proves my point that the manufacturers have got you exactly where they want you!

Companies make profit, Big Companies make Big profit!

Check this:

Wellgo manufacture pedals for DMR and make their own version with exactly the same spec just a different logo....

DMR V12 Pedal RRP £47.99 Link
Wellgo V12 Pedal RRP £24.99 Link

Now do you get it?

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:22 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:

LMAO such a stupid fool !! One last thing - Im going to laugh so much when i see you buy a cheap carbon frame and its snaps and you hurt your self _______ Im gone !

And I'm going to laugh so much at you when you realise he's paid a fifth of the price for exactly the same frame Whip

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
For me, this would boil down to confidence.

What type of riding and at what level will you be using it for?

I have a 6yr old Fiat Punto which is my daily drive to work (cheap and cheerfull), I quite happily get it serviced with non branded parts at my local garage, my Friday/Weekend car is an Impreza. I pay through the nose to get this serviced and maintained at a Subaru dealer. I do this cause I need complete confidence in the car (and the sum of its parts) cause of the hammering it gets.

When I ride my Session 8 I dont won't to be worrying about the bike and can it take the hammering I'm giving it, I wont to be totally focused on the trail ahead.

The point I'm trying to make (I do have one, honest!) Is you may always ride this frame with the little worry at the back of your mind, 'will it break' this may go after a few rides, then again it might not.

(edited for grammatical mongness)

If you have any doubts, then there are no doubts you should'nt buy it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 9:16 Quote
The key detail that's overlooked is that carbon fiber is actually very cheap to manufacture once you have the molds made. And therefore markup on big brands is huge, (bike shops typically markup about 100% on parts)

I'd fully trust those frames for their intended purpose of XC and nothing beyond that

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 9:20 Quote
Nobble wrote:

I'd fully trust those frames for their intended purpose of XC and nothing beyond that

Exactly what I said on the first page Wink

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
Mtn-Bik3r wrote:
I know that a lot of these brandless frames come from the same Taiwanese factories as top bikes, but I personally would not buy one. You have no warranty, no customer service, no support of any kind, and the quality is a gamble. Real companies charge money because they pay engineers to design their products and pros to test them. Plus if you push the frame hard enough and it snaps on you, hospital bills are gonna outweigh the money you saved on the frame.

That being said, there are some budget companies out there.

Sette (www.pricepoint.com’s brand) offers a full carbon frame for $600 USD, and aluminum frames from $75 USD, and a full suspension for $370 USD: http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb/278---price-0-1-14-000000000M.htm

MBA magazine recently reviewed a complete Sette and they said it was crazy good for the money.

with regards to this if you look at the site and look at their guarentee from this link - http://www.gotobike.com.cn/gs_detail.asp?id=500845&nowmenuid=500006&previd=500027

[Quoten]Warranty Period
framesets warranty period start at the time of the goods’ arrival at the buyer’s
warehouse, and lasts for 2 years;and accessories lasts for 1 year.
2),General Warranty Terms & Conditions
Warranty terms for defects in workmanship or parts:
A,GOTOBIKE shall supply the buyer with spare parts for replacing defective parts.
B,In the event that the defect is beyond repair, GOTOBIKE shall be liable for
the defective products, by providing the buyer reimbursements or replacements for the
complete unit.

[/Quoten]
Sounds like they are pretty legit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022392
Mobile Version of Website