Is a Gap Year a Good Idea?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Is a Gap Year a Good Idea?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
from people i know who took gap years is:

make money and go on vacations and love the paychecks
don't end saving enough money cause you party too much
at the end of the year you just want more paychecks and more partying so you never go back to school
end up one day with families and paychecks that were fun when life was cheap, but make budgets tight when you have to pay for life

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 20:51 Quote
[Quoten]from people i know who took gap years is:

at the end of the year you just want more paychecks and more partying so you never go back to school
end up one day with families and paychecks that were fun when life was cheap, but make budgets tight when you have to pay for life [/Quoten]

Did you take a gap year? I think if you really want to go back to school you will- I know someone who at 23 (I think thats how old) is now trying to get into the nursing program. They have a house, are married, and are building a house to sell.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
ustienny wrote:
[Quoten]from people i know who took gap years is:

end up one day with families and paychecks that were fun when life was cheap, but make budgets tight when you have to pay for life [/Quoten]

Did you take a gap year? I think if you really want to go back to school you will- I know someone who at 23 (I think thats how old) is now trying to get into the nursing program. They have a house, are married, and are building a house to sell.

depends on what your like right?
if you will be able to say no to a paycheck adn yess to paying lots (which you might not have) and yes to school work then all for it
but its tough to say goodbye, its not that i can't be done, its just tough, so be warry

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
I took a year off after high school. Best 4 years of my life so far. Still no real plans to go back, but when I find something that actually interests me I'll go back for it.

And to stem any criticism before it starts. I'm 21, have owned my own house for almost a year now, have 2 wicked bikes and 2 nice cars. And I will go back, but not until I know what for. I'm not wasting my time in general studies.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
Alex, just ask the PPC careers advice people, read some booklets in the 6th form centre, Then piss off to some exotic place for a year on your parents' money before leaving the insular little town of Bath behind and going to uni. There's my advice, Prior to Prior. Not very useful, but never mind.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012934
Mobile Version of Website