How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
get your cash together. go buy the bike. bring it home and put it where you always put your bike. dont mention it at all. i didn't have to ask for permission to buy my capital but i didn't tell my parents either. I just bought parts and then one day a frame arrived at the door and that evening i magically had a 2nd bike. they were surprised.
what i learned when i was about 8 from my buddy was, not to ask for permission, just tell them what you want to do and then go do it.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
Break your old one, head tube is the easiest without making it look like an obvious sabotage attempt. What is your old bike/frame?

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 8:53 Quote
Lol I remember you saying ya got ya new bike mate! Very nice too. Lol but one top tip for anyone attempting to rip a head tube off a bike while riding it, in order to get a new one. Always wear a FULL FACE lid! Don't want ya jaw ripping off.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 11:59 Quote
WOMENANDBIKES wrote:
get your cash together. go buy the bike. bring it home and put it where you always put your bike. dont mention it at all. i didn't have to ask for permission to buy my capital but i didn't tell my parents either. I just bought parts and then one day a frame arrived at the door and that evening i magically had a 2nd bike. they were surprised.
what i learned when i was about 8 from my buddy was, not to ask for permission, just tell them what you want to do and then go do it.

haha I've done this but with cars haha. Save my money and all of a sudden I have another car in front of the house...Granted my parents said something when I had three haha. Now I'm down to 2 but seeing as I'm now 27 no one tells me what to do anymore haha.

When I was young I just did what I wanted as long as it didn't cost them much.

Posted: Feb 20, 2011 at 11:03 Quote
Break it, sell it on the sly or just have it nicked.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:02 Quote
MAKE A POWER POINT AND SAY ULL BUY 50 % OF IT and say its a GREAT DEAL cus u researched it and at other stores its twice the price

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
ekguy wrote:
Tell her you like biking and that it keeps you active...Ask her if she would rather have a fat lazy kid or an active kid who bikes.

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
Seriously? You gravedug a thread from almost a year ago to support someone's post?

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 14:59 Quote
dr-salt wrote:
Seriously? You gravedug a thread from almost a year ago to support someone's post?

yea ride on....

dr-salt u changed ur sig :-)

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 15:38 Quote
take a hammer, or hacksaw and.... well, you can figure the rest out. (no, not kill your parents....:lolSmile

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 18:07 Quote
Just upgrade every thing ova a few months till u hav a new bike. But it's my money so my mum doesn't mind!

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 4:16 Quote
iffoverload wrote:
dr-salt wrote:

yea ride on....

dr-salt u changed ur sig :-)
lol yeah

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
Thank you for this hopefully it works for me tonight i made a letter using these reasons and it seems like it will work

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Sorry for resurrecting a old thread, i have the same problem. I have about 50,000 Yen (japanese Yen) which i can trade for maybe 450 US dollars? IDK. I currently have a rigid XTC JR 24" Lite. I Sometimes ride my dad's ATX 2 Hardtail. I cant even touch the ground on that bike, but somehow i'm 2x confident on that bike than mine. I found a 2012 Diamondback Response Trail for 150 bucks in good condition. I can pay for that, but i don't know how to convince my dad to let me buy one. I feel like my bike is holding me back...

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 22:31 Quote
Never mind, I put my seat post on the ATX, and now I can stand on my feet! Yay new bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024882
Mobile Version of Website