pedals

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 13:32 Quote
hey having trouble choosing pedals for my ride any one got any ideas???? no price limit i had some dmr v8s but they are so bad its unreal???

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 13:34 Quote
V8's are amazing, aslong as you set them up from purchase straight away. They dont have seals so they mess up if you dont pack em with grease straight away.

What type of riding do you aim for though is the question ?

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
i do freeriding and i no they are good but i need a change im looking for a larger surface area(that sounds gay) my feet have been slipping off recently all ovrer the place

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
Haha, i understand mate. However first check is the bottom of your shoes ! I bought v8's and the grip didnt change at all looked at my shoes and there was no grip at all!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19476 these could be possibly strong enough for you but i dont know really its worth a look just browse, especially the high rated pedals.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
get the atomlab trailkings they are now on sale at dans comp for only $90 which is insanely good, they have big bins n they have a concaved platform allowing your shoes to basically stick like clips, but i have the DMR V8's n i love em but soon ill buy the v12's

plus i have the Nike Air Insurgents which are very grippy i also own a pair of 5.10 DH shoes which i bought for like $90 but i think they have too much grip for dirt jumping so i dont use them.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 2:10 Quote
i have some azonic a-frams and i love them

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 2:14 Quote
I like my syncros pedals, but you need to wear shin guards for those. Other than that, I'm so happy with my v8's I'm planning on getting some v12's for my next set.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 2:22 Quote
ODYSSEY CIELENCKI pedals are really good. If you aren't worried about having the lightest pedals possible then these are my first choice. If weight is the number one concern then wellgo or dmr with ti spindles.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 2:38 Quote
jallan wrote:
V8's are amazing, aslong as you set them up from purchase straight away. They dont have seals so they mess up if you dont pack em with grease straight away.

i ride with V8's and 12's, but i think the platform is a bit small and your shoes sometimes curl around the pedal which can hurt your foot. but aslong as you have good shoes, then they are ace pedals!

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 6:14 Quote
check out the burgtec penthouse...i've heard good things

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 7:22 Quote
Yeh i know what you mean, i ride with 661 comp shoes the taki version but since they are quite a small platform to be honest when i do some stuff it feels like my feet are bending around the pedal too easy. With the right shoe they really do keep your feet down though!

huckoveraduck wrote:
jallan wrote:

i ride with V8's and 12's, but i think the platform is a bit small and your shoes sometimes curl around the pedal which can hurt your foot. but aslong as you have good shoes, then they are ace pedals!

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 7:26 Quote
syncros magnesium pedals are amazing but they are really high priced

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:09 Quote
Kona WAH WAH pedal, there pretty cheap an stiff an very large, not too heavy either.

http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/kona_wahwah.jpg

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 8:18 Quote
Funn Soljam Viper Pedals.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009833
Mobile Version of Website