elbiund wrote:
it's official....
http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/322/

ohhhhhh my that is awsome who wants to buy me 1

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 4:15 Quote
elbiund wrote:
it's official....
http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/322/
Just as I thought...the final build/colour looks amazing!!
Quite possibly my new favourite bike - well done Orange!!!

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 5:05 Quote
Looking for a bit of info if anyone can help.

Thinking about getting a five as I think they look mint and as a low maintenance kind of person the single pivot always appeals to me. I generally ride a bit of everything which I think the Five would be good for but I also do a week in the alps normally and was a bit concered that the bike would take/handle the abuse of some badly judged gaps/drops etc. Anyone ran one in Les Gets etc? (Ive seen vids of Joe Barnes chucking one about but thats only the odd vid and not to mention hes a class rider!!)

Also if you buy the frameset does it come with the stickers already applied or as a pack? Just think they look great when they're plain.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 5:28 Quote
I think my five would be alp capable after some stronger wheels, the offset bushes and a 160 fork make it ride like a mini downhill bike

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 5:37 Quote
tom-towers wrote:
I think my five would be alp capable after some stronger wheels, the offset bushes and a 160 fork make it ride like a mini downhill bike

I'd be planning on moving my parts over from my current bike so ive already got a set of domains and a dh wheelset so thats sorted. I dont think the 140 travel will be an issue either for the general trails, I was just worried about the road gap etc.
Never thought about the offset bushes, have you tried them? I would probably take a coil as well over the air as well.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 6:20 Quote
whats wrong with your mega ?? have a look at my alpine ,no decals on it. it pedals really good , think about 1 o them instead of a five , i use mine a my xc bike
the-wylie-man wrote:
tom-towers wrote:

I'd be planning on moving my parts over from my current bike so ive already got a set of domains and a dh wheelset so thats sorted. I dont think the 140 travel will be an issue either for the general trails, I was just worried about the road gap etc.
Never thought about the offset bushes, have you tried them? I would probably take a coil as well over the air as well.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 6:31 Quote
shieldsmtb wrote:
whats wrong with your mega ?? have a look at my alpine ,no decals on it. it pedals really good , think about 1 o them instead of a five , i use mine a my xc bike
the-wylie-man wrote:
tom-towers wrote:

I saw your pic before (that why I was asking about the framesets coming without decals) it looks really good just plain, pretty stealth as well!
I prefer shorter travel bikes in general which is why I was looking at the Five, plus it always gets goof reviews as a trail bike. The Megas a brilliant bike but I have a couple of issues, 1/ I bought a medium when should have gotten a large 2/ Im tearing through bearings as I dont have time to properly look after the bike (jet washing etc)

The only other bike I looked at was one of the new Ragleys but they arent available for a while I think.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 6:36 Quote
Yeah, i have one offset bush on my five which makes the headanlge around 65.5 with a 160 fork. with a pair of them it would be around 65

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
boiling hot water takes the decals off easyly enough. personally i think the 140 market will die a death, especially with the 29er 140 ment to be so good and the 160 bikes pedal as good as 140. (might ruffle some feathers though)
the-wylie-man wrote:
shieldsmtb wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

I saw your pic before (that why I was asking about the framesets coming without decals) it looks really good just plain, pretty stealth as well!
I prefer shorter travel bikes in general which is why I was looking at the Five, plus it always gets goof reviews as a trail bike. The Megas a brilliant bike but I have a couple of issues, 1/ I bought a medium when should have gotten a large 2/ Im tearing through bearings as I dont have time to properly look after the bike (jet washing etc)

The only other bike I looked at was one of the new Ragleys but they arent available for a while I think.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 7:13 Quote
[Quote="shieldsmtb"]boiling hot water takes the decals off easyly enough. personally i think the 140 market will die a death, especially with the 29er 140 ment to be so good and the 160 bikes pedal as good as 140. (might ruffle some feathers though)[Quote="the-wylie-man"]

Thats a good tip thanks. Not a fan of 29er's, something just doesnt 'seem' right to me about them, but theres no denying that they are gaining popularity ( I see loads when I go to trail centres )
I prefer a shorter rear with a 160 front which is why I looked at the five (or the Ragley as this is designed with 160 front / 130 rear)

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 10:10 Quote
upgraded my five coil shock working really well on the ups and downs
Upgrades to the five changed to a fox van rc coil on the rear. New wheels blue hope pro 2 evo hubs on ztr flow rims with custom blue decals and changed to the high roller exo rear tyre

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:

Thinking about getting a five as I think they look mint and as a low maintenance kind of person the single pivot always appeals to me. I generally ride a bit of everything which I think the Five would be good for but I also do a week in the alps normally and was a bit concered that the bike would take/handle the abuse of some badly judged gaps/drops etc. Anyone ran one in Les Gets etc? (Ive seen vids of Joe Barnes chucking one about but thats only the odd vid and not to mention hes a class rider!!)

Also if you buy the frameset does it come with the stickers already applied or as a pack? Just think they look great when they're plain.

hey there
i am taking my 2012 five to the alps in a week and half to morzine area, then its doing the mega avalanche. have a look at my pics. its a mini dh bike now, really looking forward to using it out there. i had a 222 but that recently died. the 5 is way more nimble and still loads of fun. there are some pics from cwm carn downhill day, last saturday 30/06/12.

the five is a very impressive machine. it is popular for a reason. you can make it an individual very easily

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 12:02 Quote
daveduarte wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

hey there
i am taking my 2012 five to the alps in a week and half to morzine area, then its doing the mega avalanche. have a look at my pics. its a mini dh bike now, really looking forward to using it out there. i had a 222 but that recently died. the 5 is way more nimble and still loads of fun. there are some pics from cwm carn downhill day, last saturday 30/06/12.
the five is a very impressive machine. it is popular for a reason. you can make it an individual very easily

Shredding Cwmcarn 30 06 2012

NEW Cane creek double barrel with 500lbs Titanium spring Plastic wrapped frame Hope V2 brakes with 203 vented discs rockshox Domain forks 160mm u-turn ready for the alps

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 12:08 Quote
[Quote="daveduarte"]
daveduarte wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

hey there

The neon is pretty eye catching like! The bike looks really nice though. I remember reading a review a while ago now in dirt where they had a five fitted with a ccdb in morzine and they said it was a great mini-dh bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012087
Mobile Version of Website