All you Orange riders get in here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
All you Orange riders get in here!
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
Is anyone running a AMS honeycomb frame guard or similar on the downtube of their oranges? just wondered if it sticks alright with the weld running down the middle...?

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 11:18 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
Hello

hopefully collecting my new stage 5 frame this week.... just wondering, do any other owners bother with chainstay protector?

I use Marsh Guard Slapper tape, it’s around £10 a roll and it goes on the under side of the swing arm nice and discretely. My 2017 Five came from the factory with something similar already in place though.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 1:09 Quote
I just use one of the chainstay protectors that Orange sell. All around protection of the swingarm and just take it off and wash it if it gets caked.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 1:20 Quote
Samokeefe wrote:
I just use one of the chainstay protectors that Orange sell. All around protection of the swingarm and just take it off and wash it if it gets caked.

are you protecting from chainslap or heel rub?

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 3:44 Quote
Slap. In three years of riding my Five i have never rubbed my heel on the swingarm, i'd have to be very out of shape to do that.

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 13:33 Quote
Pretty chuffed with the fruits of my labour today... Can’t wait to take it for a razz!!

photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
Does anyone has any feedback on a Ohlins STX or TTX in a Five?

What would be the best shock to fit the frame?

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
Pretty chuffed with the fruits of my labour today... Can’t wait to take it for a razz!!

photo

Stunning...how are you finding it? What do you ride? What was your previous bike?

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
Cheers I’m loving it. I had a little shakedown ride at Swinley last week followed by a day at bikepark Wales and a nice techie natural ride in Pembrokeshire over the weekend. my last bike was a Kona process 153 which I loved but when it was time for a change I wanted something with a little less travel and also to try bigger wheels. I originally bought a YT Jeffsy but I just never fell in love with it! nothing wrong with it as such, it just never gave me that stoke!! the stage five has given me that in spades already !

Local trails are West Pennine moors but try and get to the lakes as often as possible. I work in Surrey so ride there a bit during the week too...

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
Hi,

First post here i think even if i follow this topic for a while.

I own 6 orange bikes, and thanks to Gary this is my last one

photo

photo

photo

Single speed Orange P7, ready to blast in the winter mud !

As soon as i have time, i will take a family portrait with all my Orange

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 9:33 Quote
nicoxfreechti wrote:
Hi,

First post here i think even if i follow this topic for a while.

I own 6 orange bikes, and thanks to Gary this is my last one

photo

photo

photo

Single speed Orange P7, ready to blast in the winter mud !

As soon as i have time, i will take a family portrait with all my Orange

Nice!! But....last?? Surely you mean ‘latest’. ????

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
[Quote="numbskull22"]
nicoxfreechti wrote:
Nice!! But....last?? Surely you mean ‘latest’. ????

Hahaha yes you're right ... that's my 6th and latest orange but probably not my last

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
photo

Having fun on the Five Robin

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 14:22 Quote
New Raceface Atlas cranks for my Zero

photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031010
Mobile Version of Website