Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
if someone is interested in a Alpine6
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2419921/

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
Mine!

Now for sale due to knee surgery.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 9:03 Quote
Easy fellas,

Looking to get myself a winter hardtail return to the fold, been eyeing up a clockwork137 but wondering how they ride & if they'd handle a 140mm fork, I don't really want to go as extreme as a crush I don't think?

I'm based in the peak district & mainly allmountain ride.

Thanks.

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 0:24 Quote
I think the Clockwork 137 is the sweet spot for an Orange hardtail if you already have a full sus. The Crush is so fun to ride, but that isn’t how I tend to ride my hardtail, it is more for gentler boring rides.

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
Hello chaps.
My patriot 66 has a 9mm quick release back hub set up.
Other than replacing the rear swing arm for a bolt through type, is there anything I can do to convert it or modify it, to create a stiffer more stable rear end?

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 4:47 Quote
Get a superstar 135x10 hub and use a 10mm quick release

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
G71cey wrote:
Easy fellas,

Looking to get myself a winter hardtail return to the fold, been eyeing up a clockwork137 but wondering how they ride & if they'd handle a 140mm fork, I don't really want to go as extreme as a crush I don't think?

Thanks.

Take a look at Stanton Sherpa...or Switch9er

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 14:16 Quote

Thought I’d post my Alpine 6 Smile

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 0:24 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Get a superstar 135x10 hub and use a 10mm quick release

Good shout, cheers!

Didn't know that could be done

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 3:07 Quote
G71cey wrote:
Easy fellas,

Thanks.

I've had a Alpine6 already and bought this summer a Clockwork137 to have a daily for work and some Hardtail rides with folkes.
As you said didnt wont to go too extrem with a Crush as I want to peddal to work as well, but I can tell you that the Clockwork137 handles Trails toooo good ! I was the last 6 weeks only on the hardtail haha its so much fun on the Trails.
Last week I switched back to the Alpine, it felt like a hovercraft over the rough stuff after such a "long" time on the hardtail....

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 3:06 Quote
Merry Christmas fellow orange squeezer geezers

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
Float x2 on stage 6 help?
Running just under max psi (245) on float x2 on my stage 6 . Using recommended factory click settings , it don’t feel right on the rough stuff and cornering ...
any recommended settings for a stage 6 .

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 1:04 Quote
How does it not feel right?

I ended up tuning mine by doing repeated laps of a familiar trail, making adjustments each time (and noting them down).

The other option would be to buy/hire a Shockwiz or similar.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
The above about session ing something is the best idea... The float x2 manual also gives you a pretty good explanation of the dials and what they effect in very basic terms, this should help a fair bit, other than that you need to explain more about what your issues are as, it doesn't feel right is a pretty bad explanation

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
Hi, after a bit of advice. Ive got a alpine 160 2016 which I’ve owned from new, with the fox factory float x rear shock. Im after changing it to a factory x2. Has anyone got any experience of this setup? And any tips when I get the shock to get a decent base tune?
Thanks danny

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015263
Mobile Version of Website